Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It's a rare man who knows which of his lovers it would be wisest to marry. It's a rare woman who doesn't." Marilyn VosSavant

"It's not what we accomplish in life, but what we overcome." L. Anderson

"Don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin." Grace Hansen

"Contentment comes not from getting what you want but from enjoying what you have." anon

i love quotes...collect them, and have books of them.
    "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

'Sarcasm is another service we offer'

'Never let someone pull you so low as to hate him'-Booker T. Washington

'Everyone has a right to be stupid, but your abusing the privledge'

'Bite Me'

'I'm just trying to imagine you with a personality'

Comment

Eh- Whut's up doc? Bugs Bunny
        6P1 (retired)

Comment

If you don't have something nice to say about someone, then come over and sit by me.

Comment

On the back of my cage:

"If you don't like the police,
            next time you need help,
            call a crackhead"

ICE35
            First rule of policing:

1. Marry well.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTx:
              If you don't have something nice to say about someone, then come over and sit by me.
              I really like that one.

Comment

Man’s greatest obligation is action, regardless of how he feels.
                -Ayn Rand

Failure is never as frightening as regret.
                -Sam Neill in “The Dish”

Just do it.
                -Nike
                Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

You fool! You fell victim to one of the world's classic blunders. The most famous is never to get involved in a land war in asia, but only slightly less well known is this; never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! (slump)
                  - The Princess Bride
                  -Sparky

Comment

"Look out now! Your alligator mouth is about to overload your canary brain!" - An old sergeant with my first department.
                    6P1 (retired)

Comment

Men are always ready to respect anything that bores them. (Marilyn Monroe)

In America, sex is an obsession; in other parts of the world it is a fact. (Marlene Dietrich)

Love is the answer; but while you're waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. (Woody Allen)

Sex without love is an empty experience, But, as empty experiences go, It's one of the best.(Woody Allen)

The only difference between sex and death is, with death you can do it alone and nobody's going to make fun of you.(Woody Allen)

Sex between a man and a woman can be wonderful -- provided you get between the right man and the right woman. (Woody Allen)

Disclaimer: Any resemblance to a theme in the above quotes is purely coincidental
                      "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

Some of my favorites:

"Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining." Judge Judy

"If you pick up a starving dog, and you feed him, he will not bite you. This is the difference between a dog and a man." Mark Twain

"A cigarette has a fire on one end, and a fool on the other." Horace Greely

"A wise monkey is a monkey that doesn't monkey with another monkey's monkey!" My Dad. Some of Dad's others, which I use quite often:

To say something will not work: "That would work like a sow!"

To say he was going to put an end to something: "I'm putting the skids under that!"
                        Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

(Swearing out loud) computed booted me without allowing me to post an entire phrase.

To say something wasn't going to work, Dad would say " That would work like a saddle on a sow!" (For you city slickers and others, a sow is a female pig, big and fat, with all the disposition of a grizzly bear awakened from hibernation!)
                          Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

One we use alot at work:

Say, for instance, someone knew they were going to ask the boss if they could leave early, on a day that turned out to be very busy.... "yeah, that'll go over like a fart in church..."
                            "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly."

"Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't."

(Illusions, 1977, Richard Bach)
                              "The right of the people to bear Arms...shall not be infringed."

Comment

A Leader Knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.

Knowledge is the ultimate Weapon.

Religion is for the fundamentally Weak(George Carlin).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5694 users online. 359 members and 5335 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X