300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As if it weren't enough ...

I just have to laugh as I'm thinking about this ... I went to the appraiser regarding my accident on 24 November to get the news ... it was indeed totalled. They said they got to over $12,000 in damages and hadn't even gotten to the frame, transmission, alignment etc ... I was also told I could switch out my factory CD player that came with the vehicle and take my aftermarket one out. We went out to the truck to remove my changer and the controller and .... well .... where's the controller? The appraiser asked if I was joking, but nope. It was gone. The manager of the place it was towed (Copart in Martinez, CA) said he would ask him employees about it, and if no one can account for it, they'll reimburse me for it.

So, on one event, I lose my truck, and then have the radio / controller stolen from the impound lot. Pretty sad state of affairs when parts are stolen from inside a secured lot by employees. By the way, the lot is alarmed, with 9 or 10 foot fences, and, they actually have an electric fence setup too.

All this to "serve and PROTECT" someone else ... I hope the kid appreciates it.
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Sad, but atleast the list of suspects will be shorter.
    "You have the right to remain silent. USE IT!!"

"I wouldn't believe you if your tongue was notarized". Judge M. Milian

Comment

Sorry to hear about the theft, H8C.

Along similar lines, my car died on me a number of years ago and was left leaglly parked on private property (where I lived at the time).

It was (privately) impounded and towed to a wrecker service yard. since the vehicle was locked, I expected to find the contents intact.

WRONG

Seems like they had to put the trans in neutral to tow it (front-wheel drive car) and unlocked the door to shift it into neutral. The console,(with a concealed release) containing a loaded firearm, mysteriously "came open" and the wrecker driver discovered the pistol and removed it.

Cut to the chase: they puckered severely when they found out I was a Peace Officer, so I got my pistol back. (They tried to deny they had it)

But they seemd to know absolutely nothing about the $5 or so in change that was in the coin tray when I left it.

Needless to say, I WILL NOT allow any of the local wrecker services to store my vehicles.

Especially that one.
      Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Gee, and to think it always comes in threes Let's see. that was two.

Always optomistic and there for you bro.

Comment

But, on the other hand, people CAN be honest. My rings my husband gave me were too big. I have since had them sized and they fit perfectly. One is a one carat solitaire that I love. If I lost it or it got stolen, we wouuld not be able to replace it.
          I went to a car wash and somehow, my solitaire slipped off my finger and landed on the floor and I honestly did not notice it. When the kid cleaning the car came up and gave me my ring, I almost fainted right there on the spot. I gave him a hug and a great tip.
          There aren't too many people who would return something like that. I headed straight to the jewelers and had it sized immediately and I never take it off.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DesertRat:
            Gee, and to think it always comes in threes Let's see. that was two.

Better count your tires!

Comment

Mitzi check with your insurance some agencies will offer a "inland marine" policy that is added onto your homeowners policy thus covering the loss of a ring or a stone out of a ring thus your diamond will be protected.

Klar
              Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3774 users online. 229 members and 3545 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X