Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:
    Originally posted by lone ranger:
    If you ask for French Fries anywhere in Europe they don't know what you are takling about.

Due to the proliferation of American TV and movies around the world, while they may not call sticks of sliced and fried potatoes "french fries" they will most likely know what you are talking about, particularly in areas frequented by American tourists.

I do agree that this whole "freedom fries" thing has gotten a bit silly, and that there are more effective ways to letting the French know we are rather unhappy with them.

Like the suggestion that we not go to the Paris Air Show (whether you agree with that or not). Or legislation barring France's participation in Iraq's physical and political reconstruction (if/when that happens). Or a law banning the use of French champagne in official government functions.

In my case, I'm thinking of buying a new car within the next year or two, and I've had my eye on the new Nissan Altima. However, I'm thinking I'll need to look elsewhere, due to my current feelings for the French.

(Yes I know Nissan is a JAPANESE brand, but when the company nearly went belly-up in the late 90's, they were bought out by, and are still owned by, French-owned Renault. In fact, company founder Louis Renault was jailed by the DeGaulle government for being a Nazi collaborator).

Comment

(Yes I know Nissan is a JAPANESE brand, but when the company nearly went belly-up in the late 90's, they were bought out by, and are still owned by, French-owned Renault. In fact, company founder Louis Renault was jailed by the DeGaulle government for being a Nazi collaborator).

We still drive BMWs, Mercedes, and Volkswagons...
      Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
      -Mark Twain

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5555 users online. 379 members and 5176 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X