• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom Fries

French fries get new name in House

WASHINGTON (AP)
    LETS GO CAPS!!

LETS GO TERPS!!

Look, I dislike the French as much as anyone, but this is just lame. Freedom fries just sounds silly. And I am sure the statement made by this move will ring resoundingly around the world.

As far as banning participation in the Paris Air Show, bad move. Even if officially banned from having a display, Pentagon officials will be there. Paris Air Show is the world's most important military and commerical air show, and results in large sales contracts being signed. It also displays to the public all the latest aircraft and technology. No way can the U.S. afford to miss it.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I just posted it, doesn't mean I agree. I actually thought it was pretty silly and immature. It
      LETS GO CAPS!!

LETS GO TERPS!!

Comment

I don't see what the point is, we only call them French fries here in the US.

If you ask for French Fries anywhere in Europe they don't know what you are takling about.

On the Continent they call them Pomme Fritz (If I spelled that right)

What if we just call them Chips, to honor our English allies?

Comment

I don't much care for the Englishmen either! I propose we just use the American word for potato, which is Nu-Na. Let the French have their pommes, the English their chips.

Nu-Na! Now, THAT'S American folks!

Jim Burnes

Comment

I think a better symbolic gesture was the WW2 vet from here in FL.

During WW2, he got a "thank you American's" certificate from the French govt.

He sent it back to them.

Comment

A chip, is a chip, is a chip, when I worked at McDonald’s many years ago I got disciplined for calling our french fries chips. So be careful what you call your chiped, french fried piece of potato.

Jim, we call them chips north of the border too, so maybe you could call them chips in support of your Scots allies, who also don’t much care for Englishmen.

Mac
              Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Although a certified French hater, I too find the whole "Freedom Fries" thing kind of silly.

That WWII vet in Florida had the right idea.

The families of the American WWII war dead buried in France should make a symbolic request to have their loved ones relocated to US soil for internment.
                Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

How about we just continu calling them "French Fries"?
                  Retired

Comment

I sorta like Jim's Nu-Na suggestion -- its got a nice ring to it.

But, whatever are we doing to do about French Kissing? Freedom Kissing or Nu-Na Kissing just doesn't seem to work.
                    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

Mac,

I'd never pass on a chance to remind the English of the Clearances. Never forget.

It will be interesting in the future, as to how the French will react when they face an immediate threat of some kind. A trouble so large as to require American assistance. That time will come. Of course, America will offer assistance then; I'd wonder how graceful will be the French response.

Jim Burnes

Comment

We should just call them papitas and be done with it.
                        Bill R

Comment

Don't get me started...I just got into it with someone from France who told me our nation was only ONE of the greatest nations in the world. How quickly they forget. I told her the sad thing was that the US would probably save their @sses again when they cry for help.

Comment

This is all part of the political correctness crazyness that I just don't understand. It's like the transition from negro to colored to black to African American to person of color. I don't understand the idea behind changing the name and leaving the substance alone.

If these politicians wanted to make a real statement, they should all cancel their vacations and business trips to France and stop using French products. For instance, they should stop serving French wines and champaigne at political functions.

Comment

Call em chips here to allways have allways will

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4942 users online. 315 members and 4627 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X