• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Dangerous Profession

http://www.news4jax.com/sh/news/stor...11-090455.html

It's not the profession, sharks are equal opportunity biters these days

Comment

Sure, cops are bitten by courtsharks all the time......
      Dave Kiefner
      [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

Ok, if I read the article correctly, he is standing in water where sharks are often being fed! Now is this smart, or what?

I don't know if it is just "natural selection" here, but it seems to me like a lot of professors, and a lot of scientists, (while they may be exceptionally brilliant folks in their own discipline,) are so "out of touch" with the real world as to almost be a walking menace!
        6P1 (retired)

Comment

Reminds me of The Crocodile Hunter.....Steve Irwin is geting much too lax, in my opinion. I think he does't realize, or maybe doesn't care, that, as we get older (he's almost 40 now), our reflexes and thinking change.
          His Dad stopped working with the crocodiles when he got grazed on the hand one time. Steve was actually pulled into the water by a crocodile and bitten by an alligator. A Komodo dragon came very close to grazing his foot (Went through the shoe to the sock) and that would have been all she wrote if it's saliva has gotten into his system. Yet, he continues putting himself in danger. He has a wife and daughter now. What about them? He syas it's for conservation but I bet the $$$$$ have a lot to do with it too.
          I think he takes too many chanes and punishes his body unbelievably.....I pray I don't pick up the newspaper and see that a croc finally got him. He has had so many close calls and still acts like a teenage kid.

Comment

I just don't have a lot of sympathy for the "thrill seekers." I have less sympathy for the thrill seekers who are married and have a family. They are willing to leave a widow, and kids with no father, just because they love the "rush."
            6P1 (retired)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4309 users online. 238 members and 4071 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X