X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the 'reason':
    quote:
    it was raining out
    If I have to get out and get wet, whether it be someone running a red light, STOP sign or not having their headlights on.....they're getting a ticket. I HATE riding around in a wet uniform!
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

This week alone, I have worked 2 major accidents where one of the vehicles ran a Red Light.

One of them was stupid enough to run a Red Light in front of a bobtail hauling gas, oil and diesel. He was lucky not to turn everyone into a crispy critter. This one caused me extra work because I had to fill out the Commercial Vehicle Supplement. I hate extra work.

The one I worked today was a housewife in a SUV full of kids under 7. She T-boned a pick up and spun the pick up. Debris got thrown everywhere. This one happened downtown with a lot of people all around. Fortunately no bystanders got hit by debris and no one in the SUV was seriously hurt.

This is why I'm serious about Red Light tickets.

Now nice looking blonde with just a sticker violation may get a warning. Even though I am a traffic cop, I still have a Y chromosome
      RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

A couple of years ago my dh and I were driving slowly around our neighborhood taking photos of chimneys for a construction project. We weren't paying attention and ran a red light. There was not a car for miles, except of course the cop car behind us. We were very contrite and got off with a warning, but we BOTH felt we deserved a ticket. Running a red light is a real 'no, no'. Sure, there was no car THIS TIME, but next time.....

Comment

Reading this thread does my heart good. I am glad to see that running a red light is (usually) going to result in a ticket. It's my biggest driving pet peeve.

Two intersections within a mile of my house have a "three second rule" - I usually can't pull out until three seconds after the light turns green my way because cross traffic is not yet done blowing the light. Also, if the light is yellow in front of me I am checking the rear view mirror as I hit my brakes because I figure the person behind me just hit the gas. Because of the traffic volume it's probably somewhere between difficult and impossible to target for enforcement so I don't gripe to the local PD, I just keep my eyes open.

Just for fun, every so often I will start into the intersection when my light turns green, then lay on the horn and get wide-eyed like I am trying to avoid a collision with the last car running the red. The mean streak in me loves seeing people crap their pants thinking they're about to get T-boned by a 3-ton Suburban with a stout grille guard. Hopefully it teaches them a lesson before they earn an actual accident and get someone else hurt or killed.

AvgJoe
          Be careful, kids. Daddy's summer car is like the Ark of the Covanent - if you touch it, you will surely die.

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by AverageJoe:
            Two intersections within a mile of my house have a "three second rule" - I usually can't pull out until three seconds after the light turns green my way because cross traffic is not yet done blowing the light. Also, if the light is yellow in front of me I am checking the rear view mirror as I hit my brakes because I figure the person behind me just hit the gas. Because of the traffic volume it's probably somewhere between difficult and impossible to target for enforcement so I don't gripe to the local PD, I just keep my eyes open.
            AvgJoe

I totally know what you mean on that one. I was in Tucson, Az once, to visit a friend and people out there are ridiculous and run red lights really bad, you have to really watch yourself. There are also Suicide lanes out there, and if your not from around there, and you get stuck in a suicide lane, consider your self close to dead.
            seeking a career in law enforcement with LVMPD.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3317 users online. 225 members and 3092 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X