Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a great bumper sticker the other day. It was in the window of a car. It said "SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POLICE". The underneath it, in smaller leter, it said, "Officer, will this get me out of a ticket?" lol
    I think we all feel pretty stupid when we get a ticket, ppdgirlbm79. Many of us rationalize but bottomline is...we get tickets when we commit infractions. You went through a red light. If you had hit someone, would you rationalize then?
    Suck it up....and stop for yellow lights...red lights too. [Wink]

Comment

ppdgirlbm,

quote:
      Originally posted by ppdgirlbm79:
      quote:
      Originally posted by retired:
      PPDGirlbm,

The most important criteria in a situation like yours would be how attractive your friend is, and if she was friendly. Not to mention how nice of a figure she has. [Wink] [Wink]

were you being serious, because if that's the case, that's probably why I don't get pulled over. just kidding. I always wonder about that though.
      I have known it to work on more than one ocassion. [Wink] [Wink]
      Retired

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by Mike Tx:
        I can't believe some power hungry cop gave you a ticket just for running a red light. That really sucks.

someone runs a red light. smashes into the car your wife or kid is driving. your wife or kid is DEAD as a result.

how's that for the power hungry cop who gave the ******* the ticket??

someone runs a red light or a stop sign they ought to get the frikkin' rodney king treatment in my book!!
        I'll post, You argue.

Comment

ok this is turning into something that I didn't plan on. I was not driving, therefore i did not get a ticket.
          Thanks for all of your input, but the main reason for this forum was pretty much asking where or how does an officer draw the line on giving a ticket or a warning. take the whole running a red light thing and look at everything in general instead. i know running a red light is wrong, I was not driving, and like I had said, yes I did it in the past, but that is just that the past, I am talking like couple years ago, since I have put my head in the direction of law enforcement.
          IT was a stupid choice to run the red light, doesn't make the person an *******. and I don't think anyone deserves to be beaten, no matter what the case. can you say I need to take a domestic violence class? yeah, pretty sure you do.
          seeking a career in law enforcement with LVMPD.

Comment

quote:

IT was a stupid choice to run the red light, doesn't make the person an *******. and I don't think anyone deserves to be beaten, no matter what the case. can you say I need to take a domestic violence class? yeah, pretty sure you do.

"someone runs a red light. smashes into the car your wife or kid is driving. your wife or kid is DEAD as a result."

i stand by what i posted. 'nuff said.

Personal attack deleted. Dial it back Nick.

"Kumbaya my lord, Kumbaya......"

[ 03-10-2003, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Niteshift ]
            I'll post, You argue.

Comment

quote:

I was not driving, therefore i did not get a ticket...

...the main reason for this forum was pretty much asking where or how does an officer draw the line on giving a ticket or a warning...

...i know running a red light is wrong, I was not driving, and like I had said, yes I did it in the past, but that is just that the past, I am talking like couple years ago, since I have put my head in the direction of law enforcement.

IT was a stupid choice to run the red light, doesn't make the person an *******. and I don't think anyone deserves to be beaten, no matter what the case.

Running a redlight doesn't make you an *******. It does indicate that you may need to be a little more careful with your driving.(Like you seem to be doing. Maybe your friend needs to make the same effort) Sometimes a good reminder is a small donation to the state. Or the Commonwealth in my case.

Red lights are my pet peeve. I may give you a warning for speeding but I almost always give a ticket for a red light violation. Unless there are other circumstances involved. Like wet, snow covered, or icy roads. My reasons are that the few time where I have almost been involved in a serious accident, were when someone ran a light and almost hit me. It may not be a conscious decision to run the light but it is dangerous.

My other pet peeve is when the person that committed the violaton tells me that I have to give them a warning.

Oh really! Let's find out.

Comment

ppdgirlbm79,

quote:
                ok this is turning into something that I didn't plan on. I was not driving, therefore i did not get a ticket.
                Thanks for all of your input, but the main reason for this forum was pretty much asking where or how does an officer draw the line on giving a ticket or a warning. take the whole running a red light thing and look at everything in general instead. i know running a red light is wrong, I was not driving, and like I had said, yes I did it in the past, but that is just that the past, I am talking like couple years ago, since I have put my head in the direction of law enforcement.

You are corect that running a red light doen't make one an *******, and I don't think you will find any cops on this board who will agree with beating someone for a traffic infraction.

Perhaps an anger management course, as opposed to a domestic violence class. [Wink] [Wink]
                Retired

Comment

I ditto Nite's post. If everyone disregarded/didn't take traffic lights seriously, then traffic would be a mess. It's too bad you got caught...maybe next time you'll stop when you see yellow.

As for tickets vs. warnings...

Buxom blonde babe=ticket
                  Ugly zit faced fatso=warning

At least from my husband's standpoint. Let's give one to the ugly folks for a change!!!
                  "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

QUOTE:
                    "Perhaps an anger management course, as opposed to a domestic violence class."

are you saying i can't *^)(&^ control my (*(*& anger. well i'll show ya a t*$%$^ thing or two!!!

and another (*%#$* thing.......

I'll post, You argue.

Comment

If you give the babes with the "cross your heart" seatbelts tickets, you get to see them again in court.  - As for right light violations, I have probably given fewer than five warnings in 16 years.

Comment

High on my list of mandatory tickets is Running a Red Light. Its right up there with Speeding in a School Zone and Passing a School Bus Loading or Unloading.

In my humble opinion, there is absolutley no reasonable excuse to run a Red Light. Every signal light intersection I have seen has a yellow light. The yellow light is a warning light to stop, not speed up.

But then I'm a traffic cop; therefore, I'm slightly biased about ticket writing.

[ 03-10-2003, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Evnings ]
                        RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

Yeah, most traffic cops I know never met a ticket they didn't like.

As for the girls pushin' up their boobies to get out of a ticket....it's nice to look at but it doesn't work on me. In fact the last one that tried it got a fist full of pink paper and her car towed on top of it. She was ****ed! I guess good looking girls are used to getting what they want. Now I get my revenge on all those girls that wouldn't give me a second look in high school...and college...and last week at the club. HAHAHAHAHA! But I'm not bitter.
                          Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

Chief,

quote:
                            Originally posted by Chief Wiggum:
                            Yeah, most traffic cops I know never met a ticket they didn't like.

As for the girls pushin' up their boobies to get out of a ticket....it's nice to look at but it doesn't work on me. In fact the last one that tried it got a fist full of pink paper and her car towed on top of it. She was ****ed! I guess good looking girls are used to getting what they want. Now I get my revenge on all those girls that wouldn't give me a second look in high school...and college...and last week at the club. HAHAHAHAHA! But I'm not bitter.

I wonder where I went wrong? When I was a single cop, the good looking ones with the beautiful boobs seems to not deserve a ticket, just a warning!
                            Retired

Comment

quote:
                              someone runs a red light or a stop sign they ought to get the frikkin' rodney king treatment in my book!!
                              C'mon Nick! LAPD has made way to many millionaires already!

Comment

ppdgirl -- If you ever get pulled over again, remember this: Always keep a stash of Oreo cookies in the glovebox; works like a charm. [Wink]

[ 03-12-2003, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: AutumnAngel ]
                                Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3906 users online. 209 members and 3697 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X