300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot pursuit

I have heard that Trunk Radio limits transmitter to 2-3 miles from tower. If you are in hot pursuit, you go dark beyond that limit. We have an application that allows you to use a cell phone and enter a secure virtual conference room with headquarters and the adjacent state, using an Internet VPN and either a PC, cell or land telephone. Does anyone think this is a necessary application? Thanks

our system will work well beyond 2-3 miles. i've called in at over 50 miles away.

[ 07-01-2003, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: p01ic3m4n ]

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by shotone:
      I have heard that Trunk Radio limits transmitter to 2-3 miles from tower. If you are in hot pursuit, you go dark beyond that limit. We have an application that allows you to use a cell phone and enter a secure virtual conference room with headquarters and the adjacent state, using an Internet VPN and either a PC, cell or land telephone. Does anyone think this is a necessary application? Thanks

Do you sell this product?
      Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by Chief Wiggum:
        quote:
        Originally posted by shotone:

Do you sell this product?
        He probably does. [Wink]

Most trunked systems, if set up properly, will have a tremendous range. Ours covers well over 1000 square miles (our County) plus, a pretty good-sized area outside the County. We're piggybacked on the City PD's system and the terrain is pretty flat, but they have excellent tower locations (which is the most important aspect of an effective trunked system).
        Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5490 users online. 314 members and 5176 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X