Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TexReserve
    replied
    Thursday night we will probably go to the fireworks display put on by the Rotary Clubs. Friday morning I get to direct traffic at the parade. Friday evening, I am packing up my **** and getting ready to leave Saturday morning for a week's vacation at Gulf Shores, Alabama.

Really looking forward to a week on the beach. Then when I come back to work on the 14th, I am gonna turn in my resignation effective 7-31-03. I start working for the Lamar County Sheriff's Office as a patrol deputy 7-14-03, with the first three weeks spent in the jail at nights after my day job. Can't wait for the fun to begin.

Leave a comment:

• Watchman
    replied
    Ateamer...

Come ON !

Bring explosives and a lawn chair.

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    Watchman, can I come over?

Leave a comment:

• Watchman
    replied
    Ive got about 1500$ worth of fireworks Im gonna pop off, most of it is the big crowd pleasers that make alot of noise way up in the air. The kind that maskes everyone oohh and ahhh. [Eek!]

Freinds,lots of em, iced watermelon and sweet tea along with most flavors of homeade ice cream and some flavors you've never heard of.

Thank goodness we can still blow off fireworks. It just wouldnt be the same without them.

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    I'll be working patrol up in the hills. Hopefully no one will light any wildland fires by being careless. I hate the fact that our county has banned all fireworks (we use a great deal of discretion as to enforcement [Wink] ) and don't want to see anyone give ammo to the anti-fun un-American crowd.

The big biker rally will be in Hollister this weekend, but I probably won't go. Maybe Sunday for a couple hours, but I'm not really into crowds unless it's an airshow.

Leave a comment:

• Oregon Mike
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by Duck:
    I will actually be very busy this weekend. The entire 4th of July celebration is put on by the volunteer fire department here, so we volunteers that don't have to work our regular jobs will be starting the day at 0430 [Eek!] and working ALL day. Then we get to do all the clean-up.

This will be my first 4th of July here since I just moved here a few months ago, so I don't know exactly what all we will be doing but I know it's going to be enough to keep us very busy.

First of all, you cook me breakfast. Once you're done with that you're going to get on one of the trucks and throw candy at me in the parade. Then I'll go home to drink beer and barbeque some red meat, while you get out there on the river and start preparing my fireworks show. And it better beat the ones in Eugene.  -

Mike

[ 07-01-2003, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Oregon Mike ]

Leave a comment:

• Rimfire
    replied
    My family always gets together at my grandmas home in the country. There are several of us (me included) that spend way to much on fireworks every year, but we always put on a great show.

Leave a comment:

• Xanthorius
    replied
    Mike, how I wish I could even BUY fireworks up here. It takes me 15 minutes to buy a freaking handgun ( ) and I can't buy a bottle rocket AT ALL.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Tx
    replied
    I'm going to make a point of buying a boatload of fireworks for later use.

Leave a comment:

• Duck
    replied
    I will actually be very busy this weekend. The entire 4th of July celebration is put on by the volunteer fire department here, so we volunteers that don't have to work our regular jobs will be starting the day at 0430 [Eek!] and working ALL day. Then we get to do all the clean-up.

This will be my first 4th of July here since I just moved here a few months ago, so I don't know exactly what all we will be doing but I know it's going to be enough to keep us very busy.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Tx
    replied
    I'll be on the lookout for cats, and naked gals.

Leave a comment:

• Pigskin
    replied
    My Mom, sister, brother-in-law, & nephew are coming up for the holiday as they usually do. We're having a big hot dog cookout at the church with games for the kids, singing for the older folks, ice cream, watermelon, & fireworks. My brother-in-law & I will get in a round of golf. Since they will be here this weekend & my birthday is the next, I should even manage to get a present or two ahead of time. It's looking like a good weekend.

Leave a comment:

• CB Rats
    replied
    My sister is having her annual cookout / pool party, so I am going to that. Later on that evening, we are going to a baseball game. So far, hubby has to work this year.

Leave a comment:

• Sig220Man
    replied
    I'm working all holiday weekend. At least it's overtime

Leave a comment:

• Chaplain Keppy
    replied
    My church has a big community celebration. An ecumenical service, including the reading of the Declaration of Independence, pledge of allegiance, national anthem; this year we'll all then troop outside to break ground for our new building addition (we're becoming handicapped accessible); then we grill hot dogs and hamburgers and have a picnic out on the lawn (yes, we'll have potato salad and watermelon); then games for all ages, like 3-legged race and water-pistol battles. At nightfall we'll spread blankets on the lawn and watch the Village fireworks display.

So much for the separation of Church and State, eh? Call us hokey, but we love a good party and what's not to celebrate about Independence Day? That day is on the calendar of the Episcopal Church as a feast day.

Incidentally, this morning when I talked to my Canadian husband on the phone-- he being up at the cottage and I, alas, home working-- I sang "O Canada" for him.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4467 users online. 300 members and 4167 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X