Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans for the July 4th weekend

Happy Independence Day!

Any good plans for the July 4th weekend?

Do you do the firecracker thing at home or go out to celebrate?

P.S. Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians!!

[ 07-01-2003, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: wonderwoman ]

oh boy...yeah, me and the wife have some FUN plans for the weekend.

doing some painting tonight after work and THEN the weekend shenanigans will be staining the front and back porch decks.

WOO HOO!!!!
    I'll post, You argue.

Comment

We shall have a moments silence for our lost bit of Empire!! [Wink]

Comment

I'm having a big cookout on the 4th. I'm attempting to make my own potato salad this year (for the first time). I'll have a big container from the deli as backup in case I screw mine up. LOL

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by 156:
          I'm having a big cookout on the 4th. I'm attempting to make my own potato salad this year (for the first time). I'll have a big container from the deli as backup in case I screw mine up. LOL

i LOVE my wife's potato salad. she uses ONLY HELLMAN'S mayonaise (NO miracle whip) and no vinegar and/or mustard. i HATE bitter tasting potato salad!!
          I'll post, You argue.

Comment

I'm working. Hoorah. I'll have a book on hand, I'm sure it'll be slow.

Comment

Friday morning I'm taking my wife her mother and aunt shooting. Gotta keep them sharp [Wink] Anybody know a source for King George targets? In the afternoon I'll be grilling some burgers and dogs. Saturday the family will be going to the Living Desert and to visit my stepson.
              Bill R

Comment

Like almost all the other Holidays...I'll be working. [Frown]
                " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

The wife and I, after watching the fireworks on Friday, are gonna drive up to the family cabin in the mountains (emphasis on family- we certainly couldn't afford it by ourselves!). Then we'll spend a couple of relaxing days up there
                  I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

We are going to Albuquerque to visit my sis and her family.....their anniversary is on July 4th and they are having a party and then we will celebrate baby bunny's b-day on Sunday.....her b-day is not until next month, but my other sister will be there and they both want to have a 1 year old party for her so they can see her with her cake, see her open her presents and all...very sweet.
                    I am sure we will do the fire cracker thing..my bro-in -law is a nut and will probably have some big thing planned. They always grill the most yummy things...there will be margaritas, r***tinis (rasberry martinis) and lots of beer and tons of lemonade for me. They have an awesome view of the mountains and I am sure something will be going on in the city....cant wait.
                    "You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas."
                    Davy Crockett

Comment

Nickg, I don't like bitter potato salad either. I've gotten several recipes off the net and many of them call specifically for Helmans, so that must be the secret to good potato salad. I'm not too worried though, because the crowd I'm having will eat anything that's not moving. LOL

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by nickg:
                        i LOVE my wife's potato salad. she uses ONLY HELLMAN'S mayonaise (NO miracle whip) and no vinegar and/or mustard. i HATE bitter tasting potato salad!!

My mom used mustard and vinegar (and mayo). but the secret to the dressing is, you, you also add sugar She made the best potato salad in the world... you could eat the dressing by itself it was so good! And no hard, crunchy potatos! that's MY pet peeve. but it's all what you're used to...

I have a party to go to on the 4th for my great-niece, who's turning 1. its a BBQ, and they always have great food and drink...i plan to indulge. I'm taking my friend from work, and we both have to work the next day. then i'm off my usual Sun/Mon. no other plans so far.
                        "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

My church has a big community celebration. An ecumenical service, including the reading of the Declaration of Independence, pledge of allegiance, national anthem; this year we'll all then troop outside to break ground for our new building addition (we're becoming handicapped accessible); then we grill hot dogs and hamburgers and have a picnic out on the lawn (yes, we'll have potato salad and watermelon); then games for all ages, like 3-legged race and water-pistol battles. At nightfall we'll spread blankets on the lawn and watch the Village fireworks display.

So much for the separation of Church and State, eh? Call us hokey, but we love a good party and what's not to celebrate about Independence Day? That day is on the calendar of the Episcopal Church as a feast day.

Incidentally, this morning when I talked to my Canadian husband on the phone-- he being up at the cottage and I, alas, home working-- I sang "O Canada" for him.
                          We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
                          but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

I'm working all holiday weekend. At least it's overtime

Comment

My sister is having her annual cookout / pool party, so I am going to that. Later on that evening, we are going to a baseball game. So far, hubby has to work this year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6307 users online. 310 members and 5997 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X