300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DVD Player??

Well I have some bad news, the PS2 just isn't cutting it anymore for my dvds. The lens I think is gone on the PS2, I can still play video games but the dvds skip constantly and is starting to frustrate me. Serves me right for getting the dang product on its release date while millions didn't get the PS2. Well I think Im going to go shopping and look for a dvd player. Any suggestions? What kind of dvd player do you own? My price range is probably anything 200 and under, thanks and your input would be great.
    "This is Papa Bear. Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a car of some sort; heading in the direction of, uh, you know, that place that sells chilli. Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless." -Chief Wiggum

For $200 you can buy almost any player currently on the market. For example a Sony DVD unit WITH built-in VHS VCR is $199 at Circuit City. Leave off the VCR and it's half-price.

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by FutureEnforcement:
      Well I have some bad news, the PS2 just isn't cutting it anymore for my dvds. The lens I think is gone on the PS2, I can still play video games but the dvds skip constantly and is starting to frustrate me. Serves me right for getting the dang product on its release date while millions didn't get the PS2. Well I think Im going to go shopping and look for a dvd player. Any suggestions? What kind of dvd player do you own? My price range is probably anything 200 and under, thanks and your input would be great.

What a shame; ours do that when our DVD's are dirty..hhhhmmm....hubbie always buys Sony unless he knows of another brand/model that is better. Sony has a pretty good range of prices and all now that prices are starting to go down. Best Buy always has pretty good deals with some extras sometimes...look for rebates. That is always worth it! We have a Sony S530D player in our room and one of those progressive tracking ones in the gameroom. The progressive tracking output was necessary because the picture looks better on a big screen tv or something like that...I dont know, I just nodded my head when he asked me if I like that one I dont know the difference between that stuff, but Mr. Bunny is happy with Sony products all the time.
      Good luck!
      "You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas."
      Davy Crockett

Comment

I am very happy with the Toshiba DVD Mrs H bought me. My top tip though is to get your player rechipped so it will accept DVDs from anywhere in the world.When you buy them they normally only play DVDs from the region, eg N America, Europe in which it was bought. We got ours rechipped so we can save money buying them at Walmart when we come over. I have noticed on other topics a lot of people enjoy watching the old UK TV shows. If you get your player made multiregion then you could buy these shows from here or anywhere else in the world that takes your fancy.It can add a whole new dimension to your collection.

Comment

it depends on what features you're looking for. if you just need a no frills machine you can find a whole lot of them on the market for a
          lot less than $200. i saw some advertised in the sunday paper ads for as low as $39!!

i want to check out the one Zenith model (can't remember the model number) because it's the only one i've seen so far that ALSO plays DVD-Audio for less than a couple hundred bucks. in fact i think it lists at only $150, so you can't beat that.
          I'll post, You argue.

Comment

One piece of advice from friends who have worked at electronics stores- don't buy a dual purpose unit (TV/DVD or TV/VCR or DVD/VCR). I've had several friends who have worked at Best Buy and Circuit City and say that those are by far the most returned pieces of electronics they sell.

My wife and I have a Panasonic we got for $125, and that was almost a year ago. It works well, and I'm sure that at that price point these days you could get something even nicer from any of the major brands.
            I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by Leigh Harrington:
              I am very happy with the Toshiba DVD Mrs H bought me. My top tip though is to get your player rechipped so it will accept DVDs from anywhere in the world.When you buy them they normally only play DVDs from the region, eg N America, Europe in which it was bought. We got ours rechipped so we can save money buying them at Walmart when we come over. I have noticed on other topics a lot of people enjoy watching the old UK TV shows. If you get your player made multiregion then you could buy these shows from here or anywhere else in the world that takes your fancy.It can add a whole new dimension to your collection.

I agree...my mom bought me a Luis Miguel in concert DVD while in Mexico and I cant play it because I dont have that regional chip thing. I thought Mr. Bunny was nuts when he told me about it.
              "You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas."
              Davy Crockett

Comment

I recently purchased Thomson Dvd player in UK region format A colleague at work had some American dvd's but I could'nt watch them. However my friend phoned me up with a code to enter through the hand set to make my machine multi regional it worked I believe the codes are on the web, If anyone wants me to try and get the address I will see what I can do.

Comment

Dave that sounds a great idea, my mate in Florida wants to be able to watch some UK shows.
                  Cheers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3437 users online. 217 members and 3220 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X