Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More forensic training?

Hello everyone,

I am writing my Master's thesis on why police officers during both the academy and FTO need more training and experience in forensic science (mainly the collection and preservation of evidence). If any of you have any articles that would support this, I would greatly appreciate it if you could post/forward them. I would also like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!!

Preservation of evidence is a big one, and I think now is the best time to heighten awareness of a once somewhat under-emphasized critical area of policework.

Destruction of key evidence frees dangerous criminals, and people are really becoming aware of that.

I hate to say it, but the news shows about forensic science have helped a great deal to underscore the importance of protecting the integrity of a crime scene. I think it's just more "thought of" now that in years past.

That's a double edged sword however, criminals are now more aware of evidence collection methods as well, and while most will see their crimes committed in moments of sheer impassioned idiocy, I'm sure we'll see at least one hideous psychopath use a knowledge of forensics to throw off detectives.

Ok, I got off track.

I adore forensic science, and would have seriously considered forensic pathology for a career. Except I quickly found the mere idea of it broke my heart. It's great reading, but at some point you realize, the subjects are actually people, and I can't put that thought from my head.

Comment

Sorry, I know that didn't help at all, but it's just such an interesting field, I had to chime in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6269 users online. 358 members and 5911 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X