300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do police reports go on your record?

Hi, I'm new. Anyways I was wondering there is this chick I used to like at my old job she only worked holidays, and summers cause she goes to school a couple hours away. Anyways I asked her out, and she always would say she would call me, and would kinda brush me off. Anyways I got her number from a friend cause she was shy about giving me her number. Anyways I used to call her alot while she was at school to talk, and she was nice to me, but said she only liked me as a friend, not as a bf. Anyways she said I was calling her way to much, so I emailed her only a couple times. Anyways up at school she filed a police report on my for emailing her, and for what she says was libel stuff I posted about her which was not true. I mean yes, I did call her alot, but I only emailed her a few times, and she was nice to me, then all of a sudden threatend me with a restraining order, then called the cops. I was wondering if she only filed a report does that go on your record and affect you from getting a gun permit, and keep you from getting a job? Here is what it sounded like when the cop called me. Kinda freaked me out cause she went way overboard and overreacted.

"This is officer (so so) from the Quincy PD in illinois. We have recived a complain from (blank)regarding some emails and postings on a website about her. She DOES NOT want any contact with you in any shape or form, and everything you said about her needs to be removed or we will have the police in your area come and speak with you and charges could be pending. Let me also remind you what you said is also a civil violation, but that would be up to her. IF you have any questions you can call officer (so so).

Im just worried that it could show up on my record even though I wasn't there to defend myself and say my side of the story. Also that girl she said she didnt have a bf, then one day her new bf called me and said he would tear my head off and hunt me down. I'm just wondering is it pretty common for women to file complaints about guys being too persistant. I know women do tend to over react sometimes.

Originally posted by cooldude
    Hi, I'm new. Anyways I was wondering there is this chick I used to like at my old job she only worked holidays, and summers cause she goes to school a couple hours away. Anyways I asked her out, and she always would say she would call me, and would kinda brush me off. Anyways I got her number from a friend cause she was shy about giving me her number. Anyways I used to call her alot while she was at school to talk, and she was nice to me, but said she only liked me as a friend, not as a bf. Anyways she said I was calling her way to much, so I emailed her only a couple times. Anyways up at school she filed a police report on my for emailing her, and for what she says was libel stuff I posted about her which was not true. I mean yes, I did call her alot, but I only emailed her a few times, and she was nice to me, then all of a sudden threatend me with a restraining order, then called the cops. I was wondering if she only filed a report does that go on your record and affect you from getting a gun permit, and keep you from getting a job? Here is what it sounded like when the cop called me. Kinda freaked me out cause she went way overboard and overreacted.

Im just worried that it could show up on my record even though I wasn't there to defend myself and say my side of the story. Also that girl she said she didnt have a bf, then one day her new bf called me and said he would tear my head off and hunt me down. I'm just wondering is it pretty common for women to file complaints about guys being too persistant. I know women do tend to over react sometimes.
    You're kidding me, right? A woman, or "chick" as you affectionately refer to her as, BRUSHES you off (your own words), won't give you her phone number, and tells you she's not interested in you. Then tells you that you are calling her "TOO" much and you go and e-mail her? Yes, it could come up in your background. Some applications ask if you have ever been the subject of a police report. And to answer your other question, yes, we do take reports from women who "over react sometimes" about guys being too persistant. You know what those reports are called? STALKING. I'm just curious why in the hell you want a gun permit now.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop
      You're kidding me, right? A woman, or "chick" as you affectionately refer to her as, BRUSHES you off (your own words), won't give you her phone number, and tells you she's not interested in you. Then tells you that you are calling her "TOO" much and you go and e-mail her? Yes, it could come up in your background. Some applications ask if you have ever been the subject of a police report. And to answer your other question, yes, we do take reports from women who "over react sometimes" about guys being too persistant. You know what those reports are called? STALKING. I'm just curious why in the hell you want a gun permit now.
      Cause I like to shoot. Its one of my hobbies. But people can file police reports for anything. She did overreact though. She would also call me too, and was a little flirty sometimes. Also she did admit she lead me on too much, so its not like its all my fault

Comment

I was pondering the exact same thing. Great minds think alike!

This girl won't talk to me....I need a gun....NOW.

That is one hell of freudian slip, lol
        Last edited by miked6; 02-06-2006, 04:46 PM.
        "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

Originally posted by towncop

So how often do girls complain to the police about guys?

Comment

What about motor vehicle reports? Do they go on your record?

Comment

So how often do girls complain to the police about guys?
              Whenever they fit the profile of a stalker like you.
              If it wasn't for STUPID PEOPLE I'd be unemployed.

Comment

Originally posted by SWATcop
                Whenever they fit the profile of a stalker like you.
                Im not a stalker. Also she was a hot soccer chick though

Comment

Im not a stalker. Also she was a hot soccer chick though
                  Lucky she didn't give you a nice soccer kick to the nuts.

Also, I see you're a mail clerk. Postal worker wanting a gun? Where do you work so I can stay the hell away...
                  Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Originally posted by Washingtonian
                    Lucky she didn't give you a nice soccer kick to the nuts.

Also, I see you're a mail clerk. Postal worker wanting a gun? Where do you work so I can stay the hell away...
                    not a post office lol. I like want to give up on dating.,

Comment

um....

not a post office lol. I like want to give up on dating.,

I'm wondering if this is a joke. It has to be! If it isn't you REALLY need to open your eyes. I don't want to be rude, but even from YOUR description, you have everyone on here worried about your intentions. Nothing you did is normal in regards to "dating". I don't think you should "give up on dating". You should START dating and stop stalking. "She was a hot soccer chick though." Isn't an excuse to continue contacting her. I'm not sure what you said about her on whatever website, but that is also completely unecessary, and you should have discontinued contact with her well before the police call. Any way, good luck. And just "date" girls that want to go out with you.

Comment

She wouldn't give you her phone number because she was "shy", right. So you get it from a friends and then you wonder why she is upset with you for calling all the time.

Just my opinion but you should not be posting things about other people on websites, especially if its something you know they wouldn't want spread around. I'm guessing thats what finally ****ed her off enough to go to the police.
                        "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all"

Comment

Yup, you're a stalker. When she "brushes you off," doesn't give you her phone number, and tells you that you call her too much, those are very clear signals that SHE'S NOT INTERESTED. I've tossed guys in the pokey for exactly what you described. Why did it have to get to the point that she threatened you with an R.O.? Leave her alone. Try dating like a normal person.

P.S. Stop saying "Anyways" at the beginning of each sentence. It's very annoying.
                          MAC

Comment

Long story short, no, this won't prevent you from buying a firearm per federal law.
                            There is a name for police that support gun control, it's Gestapo.

Comment

Originally posted by ramseycl
                              She wouldn't give you her phone number because she was "shy", right. So you get it from a friends and then you wonder why she is upset with you for calling all the time.

Just my opinion but you should not be posting things about other people on websites, especially if its something you know they wouldn't want spread around. I'm guessing thats what finally ****ed her off enough to go to the police.
                              Also an excellent reason to label Mr. "cooldude" as a stalker and not permit him to purchase firearms. Just my opinion.
                              If it wasn't for STUPID PEOPLE I'd be unemployed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5000 users online. 302 members and 4698 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X