300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old are we?

So how old are you? What events historically tell you your age? For instance, do you remember where you were when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon? When Teddy Roosevelt charged up San Jaun hill?

For me, I'm so old, that when I was a kid, if I wanted to download something, I had to use two tin cans with a string tied betwwen them. And I liked it!

As far as toys, the coolest thing I had was a pump BB gun, and a radio that did not use any batteries. You just attached it to some metal object and somehow it worked.

I was born in the 60's and yet I'm a member of "generation x"

Ignorance can be remedied, stupidity cannot.

Comment

i'm so old that Lincoln was my class president!!

actually i'm 48 so i've seen everything from elvis and eisenhower on up.

man i wish it was the summer of 1969 again!! i had more fun that summer than any other during my growing years for some reason.
      I'll post, You argue.

Comment

McCarthyism era, we didn't have a TV, if fact I didn't have a bicycle either.. I had to bridle up the Palamino to go downtown. No saddle though, saddles are for sissys. Right Jim?
        " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

I remember John F Kennedy's funeral. I don't remember his being shot, but I do remember watching the funeral procession on TV.

I'll be 43 this year

[ 07-25-2002: Message edited by: Evnings ]
          RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

I’m old enough that I wish I could be young again and young enough that people think I’m dramatic for feeling that way.

Comment

I was camping near Waynesboro Virginia when Armstrong stepped on the moon there was a TV at the campground. Teddy Roosevelt was a long time before me. I remember watching the JFK funeral at my grandparent's house in Kentucky. I can't remember the shooting either.I'm 43.
              Bill R

Comment

I remember when Cokes were $0.10 and $0.10 would mail a letter.

I remember watching Batman when it WASN'T a rerun. I also remember The Green Hornet and Get Smart...when THEY weren't reruns, either.

I was in my living room, watching TV and playing with my Hot Wheels when the Eagle landed.

I saw my first microwave oven at the Huntsville Space Flight Center snack bar in 1972.

I remember the Apollo 1 tragedy.

I remember Kennedy's death and watching the Vietnam War every night on TV.

I remember atomic blast drills in school.

I remember saying The Lord's Prayer before lunch every day in school.

I remember gasoline at $0.33/gallon....and diesel at $0.10/gallon.

I remember milk in glass bottles and when you needed a can opener to open a can of beer.

No...I am NOT older than dirt!
                "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Well, I am 26. I must be getting older, I am already wishing I was younger! Crazy enough, you know what I remember? I remember watching Dallas before J.R. got shot !LOL
                  In valor there is hope - Tacitus

Comment

Thanks, Shooter, yousaved a lot of typing

I remember when JFK was shot.

I remember a puppet-amination show called "Fireball XL5".

I remember a LARGE earthquake in Alaska in 1964

I remember "Lost in Space". The series, not the movie.

I remember "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", long before TVLand.

I remember "Love, American Style", before TVLand.

Plus, all the things Shooter mentioned:

Originally posted by shooter1201:
                    I remember when Cokes were $0.10 and $0.10 would mail a letter.

I remember watching Batman when it WASN'T a rerun. I also remember The Green Hornet and Get Smart...when THEY weren't reruns, either.

I was in my living room, watching TV and playing with my Hot Wheels when the Eagle landed.

I saw my first microwave oven at the Huntsville Space Flight Center snack bar in 1972.

I remember the Apollo 1 tragedy.

I remember Kennedy's death and watching the Vietnam War every night on TV.

I remember atomic blast drills in school.

I remember saying The Lord's Prayer before lunch every day in school.

I remember gasoline at $0.33/gallon....and diesel at $0.10/gallon.

I remember milk in glass bottles and when you needed a can opener to open a can of beer.

No...I am NOT older than dirt!
                    Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

I remember walking to the store to buy cigarettes for my mother. Yes, kids could actually buy them back then. The price was $.35, and I remember my mother complaining when the price increased to $.50!

I remember The Courtship of Eddie's Father, The Sonny & Cher Show, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy, and many other shows when I was growing up.

I remember when you could buy penny candy, and when you could buy pizza and a soda for under a dollar.

Do you remember Green Stamps?

God, I feel OLD.

I'm 39.

Comment

I will be 42 this coming Sunday. I remember the Apollo 1 tragedy, Vietnam, all the race riots in this country(we just about got canned in one of them!), Apollo 11 landing on the moon, Apollo 13 and the trouble with that mission, Woodstock, Laugh In(Sock It To Me!!!), Watergate, and so much more.
                        Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

I forgot to say that I am 49. All hunk of burning love of me.

Comment

I remember walking to the store to buy cigarettes for my mother. Yes, kids could actually buy them back then. The price was $.35, and I remember my mother complaining when the price increased to $.50!
                            Yep, i remember buying Pall Mall reds for my step dad and getting them at the grocery store with a note. Really weird. Most of the kids nowadays would be shocked to hear you could be 10 years old buying cigs for your parents.
                            "To each his own"

Comment

Speaking of Laugh In, do you remember WHO the cute blonde in the string bikini with all the body paint was?

No...it WASN'T ftrphxcop......LOL
                              "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                              -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5736 users online. 314 members and 5422 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X