300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol Sting

I just did my first yesterday. 3 out of 7 stores decided that I was old enough to buy beer. (I'm only 17 ) The funny thing was that each place checked my ID. Those 3 places obviously weren't smart enough to either
    a. Do simple math or
    b. Know my vertical ID means I'm under 21

Oh well, it was fun. at $10 per store that sold, for only 2 1/2 hours of work, I'd say $30 isn't a bad deal.

They're going to take me out tomorrow night to do clubs and bars, and then again next Tuesday for convenience stores again.
    If you work at a store in Austin, BEWARE!

Tex
    KD5HQD

Why didn't I know about jobs like this when I was 17!

Comment

Oh for heaven's sake! They "checked" your ID then sold to you anyway? So what in the world were they looking for in checking your ID??????

Talk about the "dumbing down" of America!
      6P1 (retired)

Comment

They just want to give the illusion of complying with the law.

Comment

I love doing those. In almost every case, the clerk checks the ID but doesn't take the time to do the math. In some of the grocery stores, the registers have a built in claulator that makes the clerk put in the DOB. In every case, there is at least 2 calendars that give the age for alcohol and tobacco. We usually run about 10-12 compliance checks and get about 25% compliance. It's sad that we have to do it, but it's sadder when someone who counts money for a living can't figure out an age.

Comment

If I were you, I would point out to the officers in charge that the most likely offenders of these laws are the owners of strip clubs. I would voluteer to go into these seedy establishments and spend some time, let them trust you and get to know you...then bust them.

By trust, I mean this may require the police giving you a little extra money to pay for some table dances....all in the name of law and order, of course.

Comment

A lot of liquor stores up here have a sign on the counter that says "If you were born before xx/xx/xxxx you cannot buy beer." Obviously, it changes every day. But it's a quick and easy way for clerks to verify if someone is old enough to purchase.

Comment

------------------------
                Last edited by Bearcat06; 02-21-2012, 02:09 PM.
                "It ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward...."

Comment

When I was a police cadet, I used to do alcohol decoys as well. They were lots of fun. It was amazing to see how many clerks could not count even with the aid of a calculator. We also did shoulder taps, which tried to get people to buy alcohol for minors. One time I had parolee steal the money I gave him. Once he was arrested, he told me that he was going to f$#%ing kill me when he got out. The best part of that was seeing the officers then slam him into the trunk of the squad car, and then the 6 month jail sentence...

Comment

I learned my lesson, and remember vividly the time i got busted selling to a minor when i first started working for the grocery store. Lost 60% of my paycheck and they scared the hell out of me. I left work crying cause i got suspended too. Crappy part was the guy they sent in was 19 and looked like he was pushing 35. Had a fake beard on and the store was the one that hired him and other to bust us cashiers before the cops got us.
                    "To each his own"

Comment

I am with the rest of you people in the fact that some of them do check IDs and then could careless what it actually says and sales to minors anywho. We had a sting go through here over tobacco recently and I know of five stores that had their cigarette liscense pulled right after the sale. They even had the clerks remove all the displays and lock them in the back room. LOL

Klar
                      Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

The funnier thing is is that in Texas, we have new ID's that are vertical if we are under 21. It would take about 1.5 seconds to tell if someone is underage or not.

Tex
                        KD5HQD

Comment

I LOVE doing liquor and tobacco compliance checks.. I get to be the spy... UNDERCOVER... total 007 moves down the isles too. lol.

(joking about the 007 moves)

Yep, some people just look at the ID, and sell anyway. I've arrested a few for non compliance.. its always interesting, had to arrest some poor 55 year old lady for it.
                          Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Well, in California there's a big red line going through licenses and I.D cards saying 21 in 20XX, hopefully that'd tip'm off...
                            Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
                            -Mark Twain

Comment

Just did another last friday. Made 4 buys out of 24 stores. We scored at 2 out of three Texaco's. (We've been having problems with them.)

Tex
                              KD5HQD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4345 users online. 200 members and 4145 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X