300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELLO From Brooklyn Dave!

Had an email from Dave. He has been working at "ground zero" for the past several months, and feels that he will be able to get back into the swing of things, and join us again here shortly.

He asked me to say "HI" to everybody for him, (Especially Wonder Woman.)

I was going to post a copy of the email he sent me (with his permission, of course,) but in my trying to copy and post it, it just "went away" somewhere. I suppose it's out there in cyberspace somewhere right now, laughing at me.

Anyway, just wanted you all to know that Dave IS still with us, and will be back soon.
    6P1 (retired)

thanks for the update Don I am sure that Dave is having a good time in the big apple. IF you find his e-mail addy send it to my e-mail addy so I can send him a e-mail.

Klar
    Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by Don:

"Had an email from Dave. He has been working at "ground zero" for the past several months"

Originally posted by Klar:

"thanks for the update Don I am sure that Dave is having a good time in the big apple."

Klar, mah man, he's working at Ground Zero, not visiting an amusement park. I'm sure he's not having as good a time as he'd like. Especially considering the circumstances.

Comment

I am sure that he is getting some off duty time here and there to explore the city and take in some sites. I know the duty at GZ is not going to be fun but I was refering to the off duty time. LOL

Klar
        Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

i know three Daves here but i'm guessing it's SGTDave lol. tell him hello. i think they're done all the work up there so i guess he'll be home soon.
          "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

No JB, as the topic title stated, this is Brooklyn Dave. He is a long time member that we just haven't heard from recently.

And NO klar, he is NOT having fun. In any way shape or form.
            6P1 (retired)

Comment

oh wow ok! i thought the title meant it was from Dave, who was staying in Brooklyn lol
              "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

When I got back today, I also got an email from him! He sounds greats but tired! I'll keep bugging him to get signed back in!

Comment

ATTAGIRL! I've got a feeling he has been through a living hell there. Personally, I can't imagine what working something like that would have done to me! I thank God that I never had to find out!
                  6P1 (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Don:
                    ATTAGIRL! I've got a feeling he has been through a living hell there. Personally, I can't imagine what working something like that would have done to me! I thank God that I never had to find out!
                    It's not pretty, or fun. You go through mood changes. ****ed off. Sad. Glad it wasn't you. Guilt. Repeat. Then theres the inevitable (although not anymore) finding of a body part, half a body, an infant, an arm still clothed in an NYPD uniform sleeve, an FDNY radio still being clasped by the hand that was holding it, or a PAPD officers shield. The worst I saw though was a woman I uncovered on 13/9/01 when I lifted a piece of plywood. She had her eyes wide open. she had a horrified look on her face like she must have seen the plane coming towards the building, or realized what was going to happen as the building started to collapse. In one hand she had a cell phone, an in her other hand that was clurtched against her chest was a picture of her and her ( i am assuming ) husband and little boy.

The things we chose to take on when we took this job, eh?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6266 users online. 372 members and 5894 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X