300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEADACHE

I always seem to have an aching head. I know for some reason that every Sunday I have a headache. After lunch I have a headache....sometimes to the point where I feel like my head is going to explode.

Like today, I have this headache that just won't go away. I hate Mondays and it's so damn bright outside and I sit right next to a window at work and the bright sunlight is irritating me. My co-worker and I are at each other to keep the blinds open. I want to close the blinds so that the bright sunlight won't bother my eyes and HE wants them open because he likes the view outside....so much for being a gentleman he claims to be...

Gaaah, it's so bright outside!!!! I swear, I'm lucky if I'm not dead by the end of the day....promise me that you all will come to my funeral if I do...

I'm gonna go home and go striaght to bed tonight. No television, no radio, no gym, no dinner, no computer, no nothing, my head is hot like fire... [Frown]

[ 11-04-2002, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Christina ]
    "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst."

Take 2 asprin, go to bed and call me...... LOL
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Shooter, go stand in the corner or I'm tellin!

Comment

Sounds like shooter's got the cure for your headache, Christina. [Wink]

I hope you feel better. If they keep getting worse and OTC meds don't help, think about making an appointment with your doc.

Comment

LOL...Jimmy, I'd call ya but you never return my call so why should I?

Yea, Mitzi..tell him....

Shooter, don't start anyting now, or Mitzi and I will make you tell everyone the little secret you told...

Thanks, Kate...I bet if I go to the Doctor, they're just going to prescribe me some medicine and charge me 100 bucks.... [Frown]

Comment

Christina,

I feel your pain. I wake up with a migraine headache at leastt 4-5 times a week. I have to take excederin and go back to sleep. Sometimes I have to yell for hubby to get the pills for me because if I try to lift my head I feel like I am going to toss my cookies.

Do you eat a lot of cheese, chocolate, caffiene, sugar in general? Also stress can bring headaches on as well as changes in hormones.

Best of luck. Headaches are a b**** and are incapacitating at times.
            "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

Tprspouse,

Actually, I do eat a lot of chocolate and coffee with sugar and creme...throughout the day I probably have 3-5 cups of coffee....do they bring on headaches? I've been eating a lot of chocolates because my co-workers have been bringing candies and chocolates their children got from trick-or-treating on Halloween....

I don't know if I have migraines or what it is but the discomfort starts from the middle of my forehead and it spreads out....I'm tired...It's time to call it a day...

quote:
              Headaches are a b**** and are incapacitating at times.
              You're telling me....I just wanna go home and close my eyes and think about the good stuff....and smile away and fall asleep dreaming about good stuff...tee hee...

Comment

Could be tension, I can think of a lot of things to relieve that [Wink]
                Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Christina,

YES YES YES!!! Chocolate, sugar and caffiene cause headaches. (especially migraines).

What you described doesn't sound like a migraine, but I am sure that sugar doesn't help. Try, for 2 days leaving the chocolate and sugar out of your diet. If you absolutely have to have coffee, try decaf and if you can't drink that, alternate a cup of coffee and a glass of water. Try to limit your coffee.

Tension headaches are usually stress related, but can be worsened by sugary sweet foods.

When I get migraine headaches, sometimes I see zig zag patterns on the walls and my temple(s) throb really bad and feels like someone is sticking a poker in them. It also causes me to get nausea. I can turn down the tv or computer and feel the relief as the sound/brightness gets lower.

I get cravings around TTOM for cheese pizza and chocolate ice cream. BAD BAD BAD combination of food. When I absolutely have to eat these, I take 2 excedrin migraine before I eat them. Migraines have something to do with the blood vessels getting too small for the blood to pump through them. ?! I think?
                  "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

Ok, I'll avoid chocolate and coffee for a couple days and see if that helps...thanks for the info, Tprspouse..i had no idea....

I can't drink drink black coffee so I'm sure that'll cut down the number of times I visit the bathroom, for sure...I get teased for going to the bathroom so much....and my co-worker who wouldn't let me close the blinds...he offered to drive me home tonight...

Have a good night, everyone.....Christina loves ya...*SMOOOOOOOOCHES*

[ 11-04-2002, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Christina ]

Comment

Christina, this might help you, from http://www.excedrin.com

The Cause: Brain Chemistry

Medical researchers understand the mechanisms of headache better than ever before. In fact, the latest theory about the underlying cause of headache has to do with brain chemistry. While research into the exact causes of headache is ongoing, common factors that trigger headache today are well documented. This understanding can greatly help headache sufferers like you. By avoiding the factors that trigger your headaches, you can prevent their onset.

Triggers and Patterns
                      Foods very often trigger migraine headaches. Below is a list of the most common food triggers. Keep them in mind the next time you suffer a headache. Does eating or drinking any of these coincide with your headaches?

Click on your triggers:

red wine or white wine
                      other alcohol
                      chocolate
                      cheese
                      pickled foods
                      nuts
                      bananas
                      citrus fruits
                      monosodium glutamate (MSG)
                      freshly baked bread (yeast)
                      coffee, tea, cola
                      aspartame (food or drink)

Again, think back to a previous headache. Was it a particularly stressful day or was there a sudden change in the weather? Using the following chart, check off some of the factors that could be involved in the onset of your headaches. You may see a pattern.

Identify Your Triggers My
                      Triggers

Stressful or hectic days, including long hours, intense deadlines

Other emotions, such as depression, anxiety, let down, frustration

Comment

Oh, and also if you feel your headaches not going away after you quit some of the foods that trigger them, you need to give it at least a week or more because you can also get headaches from caffiene WITHDRAWAL. But, once it's out of your system and you cut down after that point, you should be o.k. (providing it's food and not an emotion or poor posture,etc)

Want to hear something funny? PEANUTS most likely cause migraines. I am not talking the whole nut either. You know that little piece that holds the two halves together? That has some kind of chemical in it. When I eat peanuts from a can, I have to pick off the little "connectors". LOL

betcha didn't know that...see we learn something new everyday.

Comment

Tina,
                          Don't go to the doctor, look what they did to Katey. [Wink]
                          Sorry, I have no answers, just smart *** comments.

Comment

This lady was always telling her significant other she had a headache at the most unfortunate moments. He couldn't stand it anymore. One day they were at the zoo, and the couple were watching a rather amourous gorilla going through some self stimulating motions. The lady was teasing the gorilla incessantly and just when it appeared the poor tormented ape would go mad, the husband forced open the cage and threw the woman in with the Gorrilla!

"Tell him you got a headache," the husband screamed!

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by Mike Tx:
                              This lady was always telling her significant other she had a headache at the most unfortunate moments. He couldn't stand it anymore. One day they were at the zoo, and the couple were watching a rather amourous gorilla going through some self stimulating motions. The lady was teasing the gorilla incessantly and just when it appeared the poor tormented ape would go mad, the husband forced open the cage and threw the woman in with the Gorrilla!

"Tell him you got a headache," the husband screamed!

That poor Gorilla.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5650 users online. 361 members and 5289 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X