300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one week to test

Well here it is again, I am down to one week to test and am starting to get that nervous feeling again. Any suggestions for the last week. This is my 3rd go at the physical exam and I am 50lbs lighter, i run a mile easy now, climb a 6ft block wall with the best of them, and i am still soooo nervous. I want this bad and i'm getting a little sick of retesting. I mean it, i am open for last minute suggestions, be it mean or cruel or supportive. Any fast runners who wish to donate thier legs for a couple of hours?
    "To each his own"

Sounds like you are all ready..... I wish you the very best and hope you are successful!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!

Comment

Just tell yourself, "I can do this"....Because you can! Good Luck! Lt us know how you do!

Comment

Judging by your post it doesnt sound like you need any suggestions, it sounds like you have really prepared well for this test. Good luck

Comment

If you have the wall down, you're set. That seems to fail the most people.

Comment

Sounds like you've really prepared for this. If you can get over the 6 footer and run that mile or mile and a half well then you're ready. Relax, get warmed up before the test, stretch out and get your breathing ready. This will calm you down a bit and really improve your performance. You'll do great!

Comment

ft,

I KNOW you can do this. We're all here for you, maybe not physically, but just know we'll all be thinking about you.

You go, girl!

((((((ft))))))

Comment

Let me be the first to welcome you to the THIN BLUE LINE...

Sounds like this will be the one with the light at the end of the tunnel...

I agree with the rest who have posted here.

You're ready...

Congradulations

[ 08-20-2001: Message edited by: David ]
                Take your hands off the trunk of the car and I'll make your Birth Certificate just another worthless document!!

Comment

I did not pass again! The only thing standing between me and that backround packet is 10 situps. I ran first and passed the run with 24 seconds to spare. I might even have failed that too if it wasn't for the guys on the side of the track yelling " Come on Kevin, Are you going to let a girl beat you" I was saying to my self Yes, Kevin will lose to a girl today. I was so exhausted i even benchpressed 15 less than my previous test. I did make it over the wall again though. So now i return on Nov 10th. I still can't believe i passed everything but the situps. Once i pass the physical agility i am required to update 6 months from the date to make sure i am still physically fit before the academy. Does everyone have to do this in all states? Some of the other girls heard this and left. Thanks for all the support and i will not give up.
                  "To each his own"

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that you didnt make it, but hey you beat the wall and you got that monkey off your back. It seems to me that when you do pass this test the dept. your testing for would be crazy not to hire you because its rare to see the kind of dedication that you are displaying.

Comment

Thanks SpecopW, I agree and hopefully when i finally finish this whole process it make me wiser, faster and skinnier.

The wall to me does not seem hard anymore. I was more worried about the run. So when i got up this morning at 4am to go test i started to get queasy and nervous. So i of course offered up that little prayer of Lord, Please let me pass the run. I forgot to ask to pass the situps.
                      "To each his own"

Comment

I AM PROUD OF YOU ftrphxcop!!! You did your best! I am sorry to hear you didn't make it!

I also want you to know that your honesty is refreshing. There are people that spend so much time trying to impress others that you never get to really know them!!!

You GO GIRL!!!

Comment

Girl you can do it..If you can get over that wall that is the biggest hurdle of all... My big thing that got me through the situps..inhale on your way down exhale on the way up and just go for it and don't count to yourself!!! I wish you all the luck this state needs more dedicated female officers such as you..Don't give up and never let anyone tell you you can't do it...
                          SURGEON GENERALS WARNING:
                          IT HAS BEEN DETERMINED THAT ****ING OFF THE K9 UNIT CAN BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH

Comment

Just having the gumption to keep going back and trying again and again is something to be proud of. My test was supposed to be Sept.19 but I've been slacking and didn't get my runing time down to where I want it so I've given myself and extra two months to prepare. It costs almost $300 to test here so I want to make sure I'm going to pass before i try.
                            Copper2be

Comment

Thanks everyone, I do have to admit, I was at the point of giving up right before the 5th lap. I was so tired of repeating the same things over and over again. I sure wish they would just let us retest what we failed and move on. But we have to retest everything all over the next visit. I passed the run and the thought of giving up left my mind. I know some think women think the wall is the hurdle, for me it was the run. I have threee months to bring my time into the 13 minute mark for personal reasons and do the situps. And still the first person i told i failed, upon leaving the test was my mother in law. She is still my #1 supporter and fan. And she said honey you did not fail. You passed the most difficult part of the test for yourself. And no matter if you pass or fail i am still going to be proud of you.

I cried!! I felt like she was the one i let down. I know how much she wanted to hear i passed.
                              BTW, Now that the day is gone and my body is starting to relax some. I am miserable! Plus i have to work at 7am. I sure hope i can make it thru the day.

[ 08-25-2001: Message edited by: ftrphxcop ]
                              "To each his own"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6193 users online. 381 members and 5812 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X