Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best and worst state quarters thus far?

BEST: For some reason, I like Kentucky and Tennessee's state quarter. They are different. New York's quarter is pretty nice too.

WORST: I can't remember what state it is, but it is the one with the tree. That's just awful.
    "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Originally posted by Badgerland:

WORST: I can't remember what state it is, but it is the one with the tree. That's just awful.

Connecticut with the Charter Oak.
    They should've used the Hubble space telescope.
    " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

I halfway expected Tennessee's to have Elvis on it. I'm sorta hoping Florida or Hawaii will have a beach bunny on their's.
      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
      -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

LOL I think that virginias was not that original what sail boat is that on its Quarter?

I liked vermonts with the detail involved where they are collecting sap from the trees to make maple syrup.

Klar
        Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

>>>I liked vermonts with the detail involved where they are collecting sap from the trees to make maple syrup.<<<

Ayuh, there was a good deal of debate over that design down ta Montpelier. They was gonna put Ben and Jerry on the back, but in the end could only fit on one sap instead of two.

If anyone is interested, here is a cool link:
          US Mint - Quarters
          Dave Kiefner
          [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

Originally posted by klar:
            LOL I think that virginias was not that original what sail boat is that on its Quarter?

Klar
            Actually the Susan Constant, the Godspeed, and the Discovery landed at Jamestown island in Virginia before the Mayflower. We were the original colony.

Comment

I am still looking for someone on the east coast that can terade me some philly quarters for some denver quarters on a even swap. ANy takers?

Klar
              Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by klar:
                I am still looking for someone on the east coast that can terade me some philly quarters for some denver quarters on a even swap. ANy takers?
                Klar
                Careful on that swap, someone might send you a 1/4 pound of Philly cream cheese instead.
                On the other hand you could use it to make a cheese cake.
                " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

LOL Well I am talking about a 1/4 dollar but if they can get that for a 1/4 dollar then I can take that as well LOL

But your right I want to trade in coins the state quarter collections to be exact. I have a lot of "denver" minted coins but am lacking in the "philly" minted coins.

Klar

Comment

I've never paid much attention to the mint markings on those coins. I don't collect them but my daughter does.
                    Are they minting all of the States at all of the mints so that you could have a Philly set, Denver set, etc??

Comment

YEs they are miniting each state at each of the three mints. You can find a "Denver" and a "Philly" minted coin by going through change but to get the "San Francisco" mint you will have to order it through the mint. San Francisco only does the proof set and collector sets. SO you can have two sets of "circulated" coins (oe from each mint) and one set of "uncirculated" coins from the third mint. Just a thought for you.

Klar

Comment

I didn't realize that, thanks.

Comment

Well now you can say that you learned something new today. LOL

Klar

Comment

Well, I am sort of partial to the Old Man in the Mountain...

Dude has one hell of a headbutt! Ouch!
                            Education is nothing without experience to back it up.

Comment

Just so y'all know: TEXAS, of course, is (will be) the best one. Didn't want any arguements of consequence over this issue so I thought I'd just go ahead and settle it for y'all right now. Thanks.
                              Out

P.S. Yes, I suppose it IS typical for a Texan to have that attitude....

[ 04-04-2002: Message edited by: huff317 ]
                              American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3427 users online. 215 members and 3212 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X