300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of your various hobbies, which.....

.....one(s) would you like to make a career of? If you HAVE made a career of a hobby, by all means, PLEASE share!

Mine would be:

* Hollywood firearms consultant
    * Novelist
    * Bladesmith
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

My dream is to work as a cop until I retire, and then go make my money as a consultant for video games and movies, telling them how they mess it all up

If I was willing to live in CA, I probably could turn my love of video games into a career, but...NO WAY.
    I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

Singing. I absolutely love to sing and I would love to record an album. Write music, sing with a band. I would love to do anything like that.
      Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

Last edited by 156; 07-06-2003, 08:07 AM.

Comment

1. Pilot. Not airlines. Maybe a bush pilot, or search & rescue, or even corporate. Or maybe just be a flight instructor (this one is one I may even do someday, not any time soon).

2. Golf pro (hey, I can dream can't I?)

3. Artist. Despite being #3, this is the one I think I would love the most.

I could probably think of a few more "dream jobs", but these are the only hobby related ones I can think of at the moment.
          "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

Thank you, Scratchy. That's very sweet of you to say.  -

If you're ever interested in being a critic, let me introduce you to my family. They wrote the book on critics! LOL!

Seriously, though, I think being a food critic would be a neat job. It would definitely lessen your chances of having a hair in your food!

Comment

quote:
              Ever since I was little, I've always been interested in the human body, gross things, blood and guts, and lights and sirens. I got into EMS in 1996 and I truly love it. It gives me a good feeling to know I've helped someone else when they couldn't help themselves.
              You see, this is where you and I differ. I hate blood and guts and I'd be passed out the minute I got my first call. LOL I once cut my dog's nail too short and it bled and bled and bled. I passed out.

I can, however, still say that I help people who can't help themselves. I assist the elderly in every aspect of daily living. From going to the bathroom, showers, and giving them their medications and a little TLC.

Any profession where you give a little of yourself to help someone else...you're going straight to heaven. Doctors, nurses, police officers, fire fighters, EMT's, Nurses Aides, etc. etc. Hollywood actors and actresses and pro athletes who make millions of dollars can kiss it because money is not everything and I can live WITHOUT movies and sports.

Oh and by the way...I'd love to write and design children's books or teach art to elementary children someday. I love art, but I just can't seem to make it happen. I guess I love helping people too much with the necessities for living.

[ 06-27-2003, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Tprspouse ]
              "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

I dont have time for my hobby ....scrapbooking, but would like to teach that. I dont know if reading is a hobby or an interest, but I would love to be a librarian!
                "You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas."
                Davy Crockett

Comment

World Class IPSC shooter. Unfortunately, I'm only a mediocre shooter.
                  Bill R

Comment

Acting and singing (probably just for gratuities for wedding Masses and funeral Masses). Does wanting to work for Wal-Mart count as a hobby!?
                    #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                    Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                    RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                    Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                    "Smile" - no!

Comment

Flying. Not for the airlines - too hectic, no fixed schedule. I would have liked to fly charters, sightseeing, maybe be a bush pilot.

If there was a way to make money at powerlifting, I'd do that. The only people making any money at it are the handful who make the equipment and the very few top lifters who qualify to lift at the one or two meets where money can be won.
                      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Bill R:
                        World Class IPSC shooter. Unfortunately, I'm only a mediocre shooter.

Ditto, I want a major sponsor!

Comment

Hobbies?

I would have liked to have tried out for the Olympic Pistol Team back when I was shooting a lot. (20 years ago)

Photography: I have made some money at this, but due to the sheer number of people in town photographing weddings, recitals, etc., there just isn't enough work without major connections.

Locksmithing: I've always had a fascination with locks and locking devices, and, I'm taking a home-study-at-your-own pace course, now.

Gunsmithing: looked into it, but really wasn't interested enough at the time.

After I retire, I plan on opening a small locksmithing business for spending money, and I'll probably get back into photography a little, too.
                          Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Model making, if I was artistic enough to make them look more realistic than I do at the moment.

If I won the lottery I would like to pay my friends wages so we could model wargame full time.

Comment

History, writing, and firearms instruction. I do those things now, but I could see doing them in place of what I'm doing now.
                              'If the grass is greener on the other side, water your OWN lawn.'

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3430 users online. 174 members and 3256 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X