Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

89 on NYPD Exam

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 89 on NYPD Exam

    89.4 to be exact. For anyone who knows, is this a score that will rank me well? Or is a 90 a dime-a-dozen?

  • #2
    89 on NYPD Exam

    Bob, 89 is a pretty respectable score, but the high nineties will place a condidate much higher on the list to go to another phase of the exam. For example, and I realize this isn't New York, to really have a shot on the Alabama State Trooper exam, you would need to score in the mid to high nineties.

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree with that Philip stated..also you have to realize that there may be up to 10,000 applicants with a score anywhere between 90-100....so if you are not in that catergory, your test score may not be high enough to move on to the next step, however, I know of some applicants that had somewhat of a lower score and moved on in the process.
      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NyBob85
        89.4 to be exact. For anyone who knows, is this a score that will rank me well? Or is a 90 a dime-a-dozen?
        Your rank is listed on the sheet with your score, left hand side of the page. I think something like 19,000 people took the test and that number will tell you where you stand in relation to everyone else.

        I don't think an 89 would keep you out of the academy. NYPD can't get enough people to fill all of the seats in the current class so surely the vast majority of people who take the test don't sign on.
        Last edited by KateR; 01-22-2006, 06:30 PM. Reason: Should have said more

        Comment


        • #5
          Thats not a bad score bro not at all. Dont worry about with the pay cut they did they are having trouble finding people. If you live in NY you get a extra 5 pts on the test. I took the test and i skipped a question and realized it when i got to the end and had to do the test over again and ran out of time. I got a 83.9 and i missed a lot of the questions cause i skipped. Good luck with it

          What is your list number
          "OBSTACLES ARE THOSE FRIGHTFUL THING YOU SEE WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR EYES OFF YOUR GOAL" HENRY FORD

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PhilipCal
            Bob, 89 is a pretty respectable score, but the high nineties will place a condidate much higher on the list to go to another phase of the exam. For example, and I realize this isn't New York, to really have a shot on the Alabama State Trooper exam, you would need to score in the mid to high nineties.

            I understand that the Alabama Troopers are going lateral soon.
            You just have to know how to arrest them and still make them like you. We call it technique.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by KateR
              Your rank is listed on the sheet with your score, left hand side of the page. I think something like 19,000 people took the test and that number will tell you where you stand in relation to everyone else.

              I don't think an 89 would keep you out of the academy. NYPD can't get enough people to fill all of the seats in the current class so surely the vast majority of people who take the test don't sign on.
              The test gets you in the door, but as the physical agility tests, psychological exam, polygraph and background checks start weeding people out, the written test scores become less important and the lower test scores gone back through.
              You just have to know how to arrest them and still make them like you. We call it technique.

              Comment


              • #8
                "What is your list number"

                1878. 25k something took the test, I suppose a good amount passed it, so I guess I did relatively well.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Were in the same boat i got a 89.7 an my list number is 1801.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You two will be in the next class trust me as long as you pass the med and the other stuff you will be in good luck to u guys and let me know how u guys do
                    "OBSTACLES ARE THOSE FRIGHTFUL THING YOU SEE WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR EYES OFF YOUR GOAL" HENRY FORD

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I got an 82.3 and received a phone call the day after my results came in to offer me a physical and psych evaluation. I guess they need people willing to work for $25,100 starting.

                      And to think, the city is actually willing to negotiate for the Transit Workers, who make already outstanding money for a job totally lacking any risks. That's pretty troubling....

                      I say cut them back and give the raises over to the FDNY and NYPD, who used to make decent money even in the 1970s when the city had a REAL budget crisis.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Whoa you took the Oct. 29th test got a 82 and got a call? Or are you talking about a previous time? Thanks

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hey dont worry guys i am sure you are going to get the job trust me they just hired another 200 people today to go in the academy now and the academy has been going since jan 9th stop sweating it your good
                          "OBSTACLES ARE THOSE FRIGHTFUL THING YOU SEE WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR EYES OFF YOUR GOAL" HENRY FORD

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks....now I don't know if I should stay in school or just work towards my degree at a later point. Money's kind of tight and I am practically leaping out of my shoes to get into the academy and hopefully earn that shield.....damn, lol.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NyBob85
                              Thanks....now I don't know if I should stay in school or just work towards my degree at a later point. Money's kind of tight and I am practically leaping out of my shoes to get into the academy and hopefully earn that shield.....damn, lol.
                              keep going to school that would just make u a jackass if you stopped

                              keep going
                              "OBSTACLES ARE THOSE FRIGHTFUL THING YOU SEE WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR EYES OFF YOUR GOAL" HENRY FORD

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 2348 users online. 152 members and 2196 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X