Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep The Military Out of the Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by fpde279:
    Well, i would then have to ask what the NG is doing at airports. And that thus proves that the military does not work with law enforcement, otherwise theyu would be helping check bags.

    I don't see cops checking bags either. Matter of fact, I haven't seen any cops in the airports. The reservists (they're not all NG) are there for something called "show of force". Not to check bags, or people's shoes.

    Hopw ever this is a conflict between the US military and the US people.
    There is no conflict between the US military and the US people.
    On the wings of a dove
    Let's roll for justice
    Let's roll for truth
    Let's not let our children grow up
    Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

    Comment


    • #32
      I didn't say there was a conflict between the Military and the people. There WILL be if they are given more power.

      As for bag checking, then what the hell does the NG do at the airports. Waste my tax dollars, for nothing????
      Exploring, The Bright Future of Law Enforcement!

      Comment


      • #33
        fpde,

        Reread your post and my post. You did say that "Hopw ever this is a conflict between the US military and the US people". And I told you the the reservists were in airports as a show of force. A deterent against gunmen and the like. Was it wasting tax dollars? Maybe. I don't know.
        On the wings of a dove
        Let's roll for justice
        Let's roll for truth
        Let's not let our children grow up
        Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

        Comment


        • #34
          Wasting your tax dollars??? Oh right, you must pay their salaries.

          Just what is your issue with the NG?
          Dave Kiefner
          [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by fpde279:
            <snip>.....

            Since the Military is not trained in policeing its own citizens, putting them to police on US soil, will mean troubel and conflict between the Police and the Military.
            Hmmmmm, okaaaay.

            Originally posted by fpde279:
            I didn't say there was a conflict between the Military and the people. There WILL be if they are given more power.

            I think someone needs to think things through a little more.


            Originally posted by fpde279:

            As for bag checking, then what the hell does the NG do at the airports. Waste my tax dollars, for nothing????.

            As JarHead stated: the Reservists/National Guard are there to augment the police force already in place. As a show of force to deter problems.

            This tend to keep those that are up to no good in check.
            Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

            Jack

            [email protected]

            Comment


            • #36
              Listen, to clarify what i said, i was a making a refrence to what was going on in Ulster, to what is going on in the US. and how thoes situations differ.

              The NG doesent deter anything, except for the wannabe terrorist. If i was Al Quada or something i could give a damn. Still People get shot, molested, and terrorist still pass through airports.

              But this argument really has nothing to do with the NG.. I could care less, they don't do anything at the airports, so im not worred about that. Im worried about Military presence on US soil in everyday LE
              Exploring, The Bright Future of Law Enforcement!

              Comment


              • #37
                Actually, you started this thread, and dragged the Guard into it long before Mac said anything about Ulster.

                If it has nothing to do with the NG, then why do you continually mention them? The only thing you are really proving is a lack of knowledge about the Guard.
                Dave Kiefner
                [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by fpde279:

                  The NG doesent deter anything, except for the wannabe terrorist. If i was Al Quada or something i could give a damn. Still People get shot, molested, and terrorist still pass through airports.
                  The NG does nothing? And just what vast military or law enforcement experience do you have that justifies this statement? You put down the Guard and their role at the airports while having ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE as to what their job is at the airports.

                  It's fine to have opinions on topics, but at least get the facts straight first and learn who does what.

                  I know quite a few Guard members, several who were activated at airports these past few months since 9/11. These people worked 12 hour shifts, taking time out from their normal lives in order to attempt to ease the public's fears and make airports safer.

                  Then someone like you comes along and says that they're a waste of tax money (do you even pay taxes??) and that they could only stop a "wannabe terrorist." You have some nerve.

                  [ 07-24-2002: Message edited by: PatrickM98 ]

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Patrick,

                    Originally posted by PatrickM98:


                    The NG does nothing? And just what vast military or law enforcement experience do you have that justifies this statement? You put down the Guard and their role at the airports while having ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE as to what their job is at the airports.

                    It's fine to have opinions on topics, but at least get the facts straight first and learn who does what.

                    I know quite a few Guard members, several who were activated at airports these past few months since 9/11. These people worked 12 hour shifts, taking time out from their normal lives in order to attempt to ease the public's fears and make airports safer.

                    Then someone like you comes along and says that they're a waste of tax money (do you even pay taxes??) and that they could only stop a "wannabe terrorist." You have some nerve.

                    [ 07-24-2002: Message edited by: PatrickM98 ]
                    While I have nothing against the NG, I agree that their prescence at the airports was a waste of their time, and the taxpayers money.

                    What did the "show of force" accomplish? My personal opinion is that the entire reaction to 911 was an overreaction. We have airports that are similiar to East Germany with the security. Hell, we have had more abortion clinic bombings in the U.S. then any Mid-Eastern Muslim terrorists bombings in the U.S.

                    Anyway, that is just my humble opinion.
                    Retired

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Moving this mess to Various Topics.

                      Comment

                      MR300x250 Tablet

                      Collapse

                      What's Going On

                      Collapse

                      There are currently 5720 users online. 341 members and 5379 guests.

                      Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                      Welcome Ad

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X