Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most tickets you've given OR received at once?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AutumnAngel
    replied
    Sheesh! another thing that I have been misinformed about. I had a question like this similar in Ask a Cop about my criminal record. Rats! So why....oh nevermind...I don't even wanna ask.

Leave a comment:

• Niteshift
    replied
    I have only received one ticket ever in the 9 years that I have been driving and as of this August 6th it goes off my record.

Unless WA is doing something new, it never goes off your record. It's simply that the points don't count against you after a certain time period.

Leave a comment:

• AutumnAngel
    replied
    omg [Eek!] You guys are meanies! JK. I have only received one ticket ever in the 9 years that I have been driving and as of this August 6th it goes off my record. I can't imagine what I would have to do to receive multiple tickets at once!?!

I have been pulled over twice in about the span of 10 minutes though before by 2 different departments! That really sucked. I just wanted to go to the store for god sakes. I can't really complain though, I didn't have my license on me and they still didn't do anything. I have to admit that I was suprised I didn't get in trouble for that one.

Leave a comment:

• jeeper
    replied
    It was while we were talking to his responsible party outside of a muni-PD. The guy I was riding with elected to leave him un-cuffed after we were finished with the test and paperwork while waiting for the guy's wife. The arrest was very cooperative and most importantly, it wasn't my decision to make, cuz I would've done differently.

Leave a comment:

• FutureEnforcement
    replied
    I remember during my internship, one of the officers would always ask me what I should write this guy for and then a reason or why? If it made sense he would usually write it out. Well we just got a call for a domestic and as soon as we arrive to the scene, the guy is hightailing it his old junk expired tags pickup.

Well the guy is drunk out of his mind, has a suspened license, no insurance and on top of that is just being a complete idiot. Yelling at us and almost coming after me. He blew something like a .285, it was pretty high.

The officers who handled the domestic came to the scene and said the girl was pretty messed up. Well I sat in the the car and he goes hmmm, what can we write him up for? I think I counted about 10 things that could write him up for. First OUIL, then suspened license, no insurance, expired tags, domestic assault, resisting arrest, a few equipment violations, When I told the officer he just laughed and said, you want to do the paperwork?

Leave a comment:

• Niteshift
    replied
    Since Florida citations only allow one charge per citation, you have to write a seperate one for each charge. I usually lose interest after 5.

My record is 8, IIRC to a single driver.

Leave a comment:

• Metro174
    replied
    Maryland citations allow one charge per citation and my personal record is 12 plus a repair order. DWI's now require all four charges so that alone counted as four. The repair orders allow as many defects as can be found to be placed on one citation. One guy I work with has topped out at 19.

Leave a comment:

• SGT Dave
    replied
    I've seen it twice, always with long-armed lanky guys.

One was mine, one was another officer's.

Leave a comment:

• kirch
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by J-WS6:
    quote:
    6.smoking in a county vehicle/building (shouldn't have lit up in the back seat)

How ever did he manage to get a cigarette in his mouth with handcuffs on?!?!?!
    My thoughts exactly.

Leave a comment:

• BunnyFoo-Foo
    replied
    Got a few parking tickets when I took classes at UH....bastard theives...rob me of money for books and a have a parking lot that is too small for the thousands of students enrolled....I never had a decent parking space and I was not going to park in the Wards close by and walk..wouldnt have made it out alive...
    I have never received a speeding ticket because I never get caught...OOOPPS...rather, I mean I don't speed!

[ 06-26-2003, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: BunnyFoo-Foo ]

Leave a comment:

• p01ic3m4n
    replied
    i cleared a car once. 4 people in it - 1 arrest and a total of 19 citations on that one stop.

the most to one person was 8.

Leave a comment:

• J-WS6
    replied
    quote:

How ever did he manage to get a cigarette in his mouth with handcuffs on?!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    We had to be a little careful here. In California they call (or called, it may have changed by now) "stacking charges." Many traffic violations would be considered to be a "lesser and included offense." Of course if you got into other things, such as open container (with no DUI, just a "normal" traffic stop) then you could go for that. Of course there are many more, that is just an example.

OTOH open container would be considered part of the "lesser and included offenses" in a simple DUI case.

Leave a comment:

• jeeper
    replied
    I've never received more than one.

I personally have never written more than 2 (darn working in the jail). One of our patrol guys I rode wite once wrote a guy a total of 9 (of course since I was there I had to write out some of them for him to save time). IIRC, they were:
    1.non-registation of m/v
    2.operate after revoked
    3.operate w/prohibited bac
    4.operate while intox
    5.posession MJ
    7.open intoxicants as a driver
    8.speeding (+18)
    9.failure to maintain control

I'm sur we could have easily hit 12-15 if we would've wanted more on that guy.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat06
    replied
    ---------------------
    Last edited by Bearcat06; 02-21-2012, 01:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2575 users online. 148 members and 2427 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X