Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those interested in federal law enforcement

Here's a listing of all federal agencies with 25-700 armed agents agencies

This was attached to a rather inflammatory series of articles forwarded to me by a friend. If you want to get your dander up, read this and this.
    Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

It's ridiculous how many agencies have their own officers and in many cases even SWAT teams. Talk about redundancy. There was a situation similar to the Idaho incident near Ventura CA. where there was a small oil spill and the company cleaned up and reported as required and fish and Game sent in guys with ARs to execute a search of the company's files. They completely terrorized the poor secretary. There was no reason they could not have simply walked in and asked to look at the records. I understand there is a need for tactical teams but there are so many agencies these days that have them they seem to be searching for an excuse to use them.
    Bill R

Comment

I think I have indicated my opinion of the federal gestopo many times! They are out of control!

Retired
      Retired

Comment

Most of that first article is clearly written, and contibuted to by people who don't have much of an idea of what they're talking aobut. They're foucsing on the (ooh bad) "military" style and hardware that these groups use. Oh my god! They have a chopper! The sky is falling!! Riiiiight...

Not to say that the Park Service really needs a tactical team but 25-500 armed officers is hardly a "standing army".
        On the wings of a dove
        Let's roll for justice
        Let's roll for truth
        Let's not let our children grow up
        Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

Imagine MY surprise to learn that the Department of Education(FED) has it's own ARMED 'police' force.....
          "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
          -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Jarhead,

Originally posted by jarhead6073:
            Most of that first article is clearly written, and contibuted to by people who don't have much of an idea of what they're talking aobut. They're foucsing on the (ooh bad) "military" style and hardware that these groups use. Oh my god! They have a chopper! The sky is falling!! Riiiiight...

Not to say that the Park Service really needs a tactical team but 25-500 armed officers is hardly a "standing army".
            I think we have enough tactical raids that aren't necessary! The one that comes to my mind right away was the one conducted by the ATF in Santa Clarita, Ca where an LASD deputy got killed. An unnecessary raid that cost a LEO his life.

Retired
            Retired

Comment

The examples given, on Santa Cruz Island and in Idaho are good examples of just how far out the Federal level really is.

Certainly the incident in Idaho was exactly what agencies have accomplished in the past, with a meeting, or memorandum of agreement or if egos got sticky, with a court order. That's all it takes.

The federal government is forgetting who runs America.

Jim Burnes

Comment

Originally posted by jarhead6073:
                Like I said. The park service probably doesn't need a tacitcal force. But according to the article they are calling a small Park Service a "standing army". They are getting too caught up in (ohhh evil) machine guns and helicoptors.
                On the wings of a dove
                Let's roll for justice
                Let's roll for truth
                Let's not let our children grow up
                Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

This is empire building. In the past, agencies used a Memorandum of Agreement, between the agency heads to utilize law enforcement assets, on an as needed basis.

If not that, any federal agency that needed force could interact with local government law enforcement to task them to accompany the raid.

But those are outdated, too-simple methods; every federal head can say now they can operate as tactical units. Just ego and empire building out of control.

Jim Burnes

Comment

Jim,

Originally posted by Jim Burnes:
                    This is empire building. In the past, agencies used a Memorandum of Agreement, between the agency heads to utilize law enforcement assets, on an as needed basis.

If not that, any federal agency that needed force could interact with local government law enforcement to task them to accompany the raid.

But those are outdated, too-simple methods; every federal head can say now they can operate as tactical units. Just ego and empire building out of control.

Jim Burnes
                    Don't forget the "Rambo" mentality of these federal fanatics!

retired
                    Retired

Comment

It is the nature of any beaucracy to protect itself. Federal, state, county or local.

Cause? $hitty management.

Or more accurately... MANAGEMENT instead of LEADERSHIP when leadership is what is needed.

Alot of the "special teams" stuff is budget related. You all know the rule on government budgets... "Use it or lose it!"

Completely bassackwards!
                      -Sparky

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4604 users online. 280 members and 4324 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X