300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My neice the police officer

I always knew police officers had a dangerous job but it never hit home until my neice became a police officer. I recently received a picture of her through e-mail of her determining whether a man was drunk or not. She looked so serious! It really hit me what a dangerous profession she is in.
    She is my namesake. I remember her as this bald headed little blonde baby with this sweet goofy little smile. I saw her take her first steps and combed the blond fuzz on her head. We took her to Disney World with us and she had a ball at age 7. I remember her riding a bike with this flag attached to it so she could be seen easily.I remember her riding a tractor with our son at my parents place, her and my son laughing at they drove around, happy carefree teenagers.
    Recently, she was married and her husband is also a police officer. Now, her brother is training to be a police officer also. She's a beautiful girl.....and I worry about her a lot.

Mitzi (Mother Hen)

Hey lady, try not to worry about this "little girl." She could probably "whup ***" on most of us here. She's got the training and is getting the experience. Have a little faith in her ability to handle herself.

Of course, anything can happen to anybody at any time. But then you could trip on the sidewalk and break your neck too. She'll be fine.

------------------
    **Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.**
    6P1 (retired)
    6P1 (retired)

Comment

LOL! How did you know I fell last year.....On the sidewalk! Walking into a store, I didn't see a neon yellow step. I wiped out big time! Broke my nose, knocked my front teeth out, hurt my knees badly and had $5,000 of dental work done.
      As for my niece, she can't whup my ***! lol She came up behind me and grabbed me in a bear hug so my son and her brother could tickle me. I "gently" back kicked her in the shins, whirled arond and had her down on the ground with her arm behind her. Of course, she was just being kind to her old aunt. Had it been a bad guy, I'm sure she could "whup" him!
      But I'll always worry about her....that's what I do best!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi:
        But I'll always worry about her....that's what I do best!
        Well, if that is what makes you happy!

------------------
        **Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.**
        6P1 (retired)
        6P1 (retired)

Comment

Mitzie,

Is she the same one who posted here for a while. I think she just broke a lot of hearts by getting married.

Comment

No, she never posted here. She did just get married about 6 months ago. She's such a sweet girl.

Comment

My mom did what all moms do best when I decided to do this...she worried! I said "well, I could have a safe, 9-5 office job and get hit by a car going to work." It's all fate...when it's your time, it's your time.

I'm just glad she's 700 miles away and doesn't get to see some of the situations I get myself in sometimes!!!

------------------
              FLLawdog
              "Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

Comment

I always tried to talk my neice out of it but law enforcement is in her blood. Now, her brother is also going into law enforcement. I probably would have gone into it when I was younger but it was frowned upon then for women to be police officers. Maybe it is in our blood because I have always had an interest in it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5628 users online. 360 members and 5268 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X