Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Officers buying their own squad car lights?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officers buying their own squad car lights?

I was on a site dedicated to SSP Mustangs. They have a wide variety of police vehicle pictures as well though. I read that many dept let their officers "add" lights to the cars. IE: Dash/side window strobes.. LED's ect if the officer so chooses to want them above what the Dept has installed as standard issue.

I thought this was interesting as I have some sort of sick facination with police lights LOL. I wonder why

Anybody here know about this practice ?
    RIP Officer Josh Williams
    Old Fort, NC PD # 919... 10-42... 02/01/2007

Our loss is heaven's gain

My buddy who is a mshp put a extra light in the front of his car because the gave him a unmarked car and he stated no one pulled over for him till he was right up on them because the couldnt see. They made him take it down.
    John D. MacDonald, "The early bird who catches the worm works for someone who comes in late and owns the worm farm."

Comment

Originally posted by locke1419
      My buddy who is a mshp put a extra light in the front of his car because the gave him a unmarked car and he stated no one pulled over for him till he was right up on them because the couldnt see. They made him take it down.
      Thats probably because the unmarked car isn't designed for traffic stops. Unless it has a bunch of hidden emergency lights that a lot of highway task force cars have. The liability of trying to make cars pull over without the ability to clearly be identified as an emergency vehicle is too high.
      Jerry
      "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

I have done it to several vehicles.As long as I paid for it and put it in myself,without burning down the vehicle,it was ok.
        FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

Can't do it here. All units marked same etc.

Comment

Those with take-home cars with area PD's I've seen add extra lights. If it's alright by dept standards, I don't see an issue with it. The metro PD here has an aggressive driving unit with totally unmarked (and different color) cars. They equip them with an a**load of LED lights.
            I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

My dept. not only allows it ,but you can get the motor pool trustees to install them.Since we have take home units the boss'feel it shows we care about our equipment and it saves them money.By the way has anyone else noticed that boss spelled backward is double sob ? Just a thought...
              Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

I think the highway patrol here can add extra lights to their units, since they have take home cars. not sure who pays or installs, just have seen unit pictures with the title "the award for most extra lights added to a unit"
                When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

Comment

Don't forget that if you spend your own money to better equip your car with lights, you can write it off on taxes (if you itemize).
                  I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

I rode with a Sheriffs Office in LA for 34 days after the hurricane who can add lights to their take-homes. Actually they even have to buy their own vests, and equipment.
                    "Do not draw me without honor"

"Do not sheath me without Justice!"

Comment

Originally posted by OrlandoExp103
                      I think the highway patrol here can add extra lights to their units, since they have take home cars. not sure who pays or installs, just have seen unit pictures with the title "the award for most extra lights added to a unit"
                      fhp can't, broward sheriff's office can though friend of mine loaded up his whole rear window with lights lol, he could light up the whole county at night. though if you have seen the FHP's Mercuary Marauders which are their "agressive driving force" they have limo tint on all windows so you can't see the wall of led's in the rear window and the very very thin led light bar in the front windshield, they light em up and its very very bright.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6269 users online. 348 members and 5921 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X