• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suicide website

What do yall think of this?
    how to suicide
    "You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas."
    Davy Crockett

people have been offing themselves for thousands of years. if you're that despondent you don't need any help from a website or any books. just ask Judas!

this guy's wife probably would have done herself in anyway.

as usual it's "blame somebody else" for his wife's problem with the wife shouldering no responsibility of her own.

yeah i feel sorry the guy lost his wife, but quit looking for others to point the finger at.

end of story.
    I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Well, Nick..I have to agree with you. The website is in poor taste, but so is the one that helps young women learn the secrets of anorexia success. it is our responsibility as spouses, children, parents and friends to see that our loved ones have problems that need to be treated. Was this woman basically suicidal....with tendencies that indicated she should not be alone? Ifher learning disability was so great, why was she allowed access to a computer without supervision. Naturally, we are just getting the news report; we dont know what really happened.
      It is pretty sad. But , if this woman was truly depressed and wanted to end her life, she would have found a way to do it without the help if the website.
      I hope this does not offend anyone or "hit home" and remind you of something that hurts you. For that I am sorry. .

[ 06-25-2003, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: BunnyFoo-Foo ]
      Davy Crockett

Comment

There is also a book that details ways to commit suicide. I think its Final Exit or something like that. A copy was found at a suicide scene in the city I used to work for.
        Walk slow, Talk low, and Don't say Too Much.

Comment

Just like the kids who get injured attempting some of the "Jackass" stunts. Bad things are out there, I'm sorry but where were the parents and why did they even allow their 10 or 12 year olds to watch MTV at 11 o'clock at night? Where was personal responsibility in this case? If the bait is there, it's going to be eaten. It depends on whether the person is stable enough to accept or not accept it.

I wish people would quit blaming other people for their depression, their stupidity and their urge to overeat and blame McDonald's for it!

There are just as many remedies out there for these things as there are websites, tv shows, and fattening Big Macs that add the fuel to the person's weaknesses. Shrinks, pills, weight watchers, AA meetings, support groups, and PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Furthermore, the immediate family should be counter sued for not taking notice and getting the woman help when she needed it! Had they done that, she wouldn't need the website! She obviously was depressed they said, right? They overlooked something EXTREMELY important that needed to be dealt with right away.

JMHO. Counter-sued? I know...great thought. In reality, these folks will walk away with lots of money which is what they probably want anyway.

[ 06-25-2003, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: Tprspouse ]
          "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

Give suicide a chance.

Comment

Ten years ago, a very dear friend of mine committed suicide. He planned it very carefully, going to a place over a hundred miles from his home so that no one he knew would find him. He wrote letters to all the people he cared about. In his letters, he let his wife, children, other family and minister know how sorry he was, for he knew what he was doing was not the answer, but "just a solution." He was in an incredible amount of pain. He used his service weapon, and after having walked out into the ocean, pulled the trigger. In my heart, I really think he believed his body would be washed out to sea and not recovered, but that wasn't the way it happened.

For a while, I blamed his wife (didn't she notice there was something wrong?), his minister (where were you when he was hurting like this?), his superiors and co-workers (couldn't you see what was happening?), and myself (why the h*** didn't I pick up the phone and call him that week before he died, when he'd been so strong on my mind?). But the bottom line is, HE made the choice to do what HE did. No one forced him. There were loads of resources available. He knew this wasn't the answer, but it was a solution to his pain. I was angry with him for a while, and then I got over that too.

Are the websites tacky, tasteless, and evil? Sure. Should they be banned? No, I don't think so. No more so than a book or movie should be banned. People need to just make the choice to stay away from that garbage. My friend didn't need a website to decide what to do...he just did it.

Just my two cents, if it's worth that.
              "Americans don't want a mentally unstable president; he might start a war or something." - Bill Maher

Comment

My 18 year old cousin was on drugs and one day when his mind was really messed up, he put a gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger. This was about 10 years ago. Really sad.
                "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

That's awful.....so sad..I am sorry. my uncle killed himself when i was 16. The day after my slumber party; I had just gotten in trouble for smoking a cigarette whne the phone rang. When my mother finished talking and knocked on the window, she was crying and holding her head and I thought, "Oh my God, what did I do...." Then she told me that he died; I did not ask ahow because he was ill. Well, the mortician did not do a good job and it was obvious how he did it..when I aked my sister what happened and asked about what i saw; she confirmed what I thought. My mom was furious because sh has never thought I could handle anything......another story all together. It was sad and I always wonder if there was anything any of us could have done. My cousin, his daughter kiled herself to...but my mom and aunts deny that one....long story. It is so sad and even though it has been years, we still wonder what we could have done.
                  This is getting dreary......I am sorry I linked the story; forgive me if I ahve made any of ya'll sad...that was not my intention.

[ 06-26-2003, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: BunnyFoo-Foo ]
                  Davy Crockett

Comment

Bunny- yes the post made me sad, but I don't regret it. I still miss my friend and think of him often. He was a great, giving person and I'm not sure he even realized how many people's lives he touched, changed and made better. My only wish for him is that maybe now all those issues that caused him so much pain and made him feel so hopeless, have been swept away, and that heaven's door was open to him. It gives those of us left behind a measure of comfort to think in those terms.

I used to think that people who committed suicide were selfish and thoughtless. Then I took a suicide intervention class, to qualify me to work a suicide hotline. It was there I learned that people who are really contemplating suicide are in so much pain and anguish that they can't think beyond their agony. It absorbs them and leaves them feeling alone, hopeless, and desperate to stop hurting. I came away with a different thought about people who are suicidal. I only wish now that I'd been able to help my friend, when he needed it. There's a lot of us who knew him who believed if he'd just had the right person talk to him, to get him through the moment, he might have been okay. But all this hindsight is second guessing, a lot of maybes, and doesn't change what happened. So you just have to accept and move on, but it can be so very hard.
                    "Americans don't want a mentally unstable president; he might start a war or something." - Bill Maher

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4613 users online. 281 members and 4332 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X