300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the world in a balloon

This Fosset guy is at it again....... trying to be the first guy to go around the world solo in a balloon. It's only been done one, by a 2 man team.

My question is why? Does anyone really care? The news covers it everytime he attempts it (and fails). I sit here and try to figure out how to pay my bills and this knucklehead spends piles of money to attempt this again and again. He wants thrills........ come be a cop for the amount of money we get paid. That's thrilling.

Has anyone bothered to tell this guy that we have airplanes now?

I was thinking the same thing, Nite. There are so many needs in this world and he spends all this money doing this? Makes no sense to me.

Comment

Memory fails..did Richard Branson ever achieve that? Or was his not a 'round the globe trip?
      [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

Folks, it's his money and he can do what he wants with it, right?

Comment

Sure it is....but that doesn't mean we can't lament at all the good it could do if spent to help others.

Comment

I both agree with Mitzi and Mike...well...what can we do? This is the world that exists today. Lots of ppl starving to death, wars going on somewhere...and its his money. Makes no sense to me. Strange!!!
            "A good cop stays a rookie at heart, excited by every shift."
            www.copsworld-wide.cjb.net
            Stay Safe, @NeoCop

Comment

I agree, it is his dime and he can spend it however he chooses.

[ 08-18-2001: Message edited by: Neltja ]
              When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine yourself....

Comment

Why, Don, of course....He'd keep me laughing!

Comment

Apparently, it's not all that beautiful......... it's not like taking a balloon ride at the fair. He has to do it at high altitudes where is is cold and the air is thin.

I have no problem with the guy spending his own money to do it, my main question is why does the news give it so much coverage? A week or two ago, I posted a thread about some LAPD cops saving a childs life. You never saw Tom Brokaw talking about that, but they'll waste 2 mins of my night telling about this guy making another try. I really don't give a damn if he ever does it. In the big scheme of things, I'd like to buy those to LA cops a cup of coffee and tell Fosset to take TWA.

Comment

I really dont see how this story is news worthy either, now if he was walking I could see it. As for his personal motivations I guess its the thrill of being the first to do it, and the urge to succedd after failing. While I personally wouldnt see much thrill in it, this must be what floats his boat.

If I were forced (thats the only way I would do it) to travel across the globe by balloon I would go by myself, I would relish the solitude. If I had to choose someone I would probably choose Nicole Kidman , I would want to stay warm on the long flight!
                    From the forum I would choose Blondie72, Sparky or Niteshift, I know there would be some good conversation.

Comment

Neltja:

Why did you edit out another post? Kind of throws me off when you do that I have enough trouble keeping track of conversations as it is

[ 08-18-2001: Message edited by: goodgirl ]
                      "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

Well...anyway Fossett is landed today to Brazil cause bad weather conditions and storm. His adventure!!! is over again. I dont care.

What did ya do Niteshift? Some kind of VooDoo spell on Fossett? LOL!!!

[ 08-18-2001: Message edited by: NeoCop ]
                        "A good cop stays a rookie at heart, excited by every shift."
                        www.copsworld-wide.cjb.net
                        Stay Safe, @NeoCop

Comment

No, I wish he'd do it and get it over with so I don't have to hear this stupid story again!

Comment

Note to file..... Fosset "World Solo Balloon" stories really bother Niteshift!

Comment

If it's a solo pursuit, let him enjoy it by himself and stay the hell off the news with it

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4501 users online. 313 members and 4188 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X