300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Colorado Fire

Is anyone near the new Big Elk fire in Colorado? My niece is in Estes Park about 10 miles away, and email just now to say she is packing. The wind is blowing in her direction and the sky is full of smokey haze. They say 200 to 300 acres are on fire.

I wonder if all these fires could have anything to do with attacks on our country?

Comment

Good question there Mike. There does seem to be more of them this year than in recent times. That could be something set intentionally but I am not in a position to speculate on that.

Klar
      Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

It's not likely. Wildfires are fairly cyclical and last year was very "light" by fire season standards. Which means that there is just that much more to burn this year.
        On the wings of a dove
        Let's roll for justice
        Let's roll for truth
        Let's not let our children grow up
        Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

Here's a link to the local news coverage. There's a video showing the fire from a helicopter. Haven't hear from my niece in Estes Park for about 1 1/2 hours. It's heading toward her with about 8 miles to go.
          http://www.9news.com/storyfull.asp?id=4444

[ 07-17-2002: Message edited by: ThaliaMoser ]

Comment

Uh guys? Come on now. The west is in the worst drought conditions in 100+ years. And it's been dry for several years running. And we have lightening strikes out here!

The only terrorism we are seeing with these wildfires is mother nature's own brand of it. Even the fires that ARE human caused are made sooooo much worse because of the drought, the heat and the wind.
            6P1 (retired)

Comment

I'm not TOO far east of Estes Park here in Fort Collins, and it's hard to tell what fires are making smoke and where. Depending on what the wind is doing, it gets hazy from fires 80 miles away sometimes!

I really feel for your niece. This is an awful fire season, and it has been very hard for everybody who lives in the mountains not ever knowing what day you might be asked to leave. I hope that her house and the other houses near and in Estes are okay by the end of this whole summer's season
              I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

Well geeesh Don take all our fun away. We have to give all these sheeple something to chew on. Make them see the light as we want them to see it. LOL

Klar
                Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Well, I heard from my niece this morning and she's fine so far. She said the fire is presently "contained" to 300 acres and there is very little wind, which is good. She said that last night there were ashes falling around her house, but it is a lot better this morning. Thanks all, for your concern.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2845 users online. 164 members and 2681 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X