X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deputy Joe
    replied
    Congrats Vtfuzz and Desert Rat!!

I bet 244 hours is long. I had to take about 40 hours because I wasn't a state recognized officer for 4 years. That was long enough. Constitutional law and juvenile law. Like we didn't have the constitution where I worked. Everything was the same as the state for juveniles. LAME.

But if it keeps the state happy. Vtfuzz, I imagine most of what you had was a refresher.

Leave a comment:

• DesertRat
    replied
    Thanks for reminding me. I've been tentatively offered a position with the Nevada Highway Patrol here at the new home front. If I take it, I will have to go to Carson City August 11 (read too far to drive home on the weekends ) for 13 weeks of academy crap I have alredy had. I think I will get 3-4 days of motor carrier stuff that is new. every thing else will be refresher. Yes, I have already been to the highway patrol accident school too. I am way too old to go through another academy.

The only good thing about the whole ordeal, other than the job itself when I get done with three months of hell, is it has made me get serious about the workouts again. I refuse to be the fattest guy in the class. I'm back to 4-5 days a week in the gym, on the bicycle or running every morning, and weighing out and writing down the food intake again. Back in pants with waist sizes starting with a 3 again Heh, it's a start.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Congratulations Vtfuzz.. Did you have to complete and pass the Cooper's standard too??
    In this State even if someone does a transfer from one agency to another they have to go through EVERYTHING again to meet POST criteria.
    If their "cert card" is still valid they can bypass the academy classes.

Leave a comment:

• WHC166
    replied
    Scratchy,

I was certified in another state and had to go through a "waiver" course to get certified here.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Congratulations to you!!!  -

Leave a comment:

• WHC166
    started a topic Finished at last!

Finished at last!

Well, after almost 3 months of training (and 244 hours later) I have finally finished the VT Waiver course and am now full-time certified in this great (used lightly) state!

I can't even begin to tell anyone how much of a pain in the a** it was, traveling back in forth to take classes, but I can say that I will not be moving again if this is what it will take to get certified everywhere!

But, it's over now...thank god!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3808 users online. 247 members and 3561 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X