300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deputy Dies In Single Car Crash

A Fairfield County Sheriff's Deputy Ethen Collins 29 of Bremen Ohio was killed when he lost control of his Crown Victoria Crusier on St Rt 188 just west of Lancaster Ohio. Cruiser flipped several times and snapped off a telephone pole and had to be righted before Deputy could be removed from crushed car.
    Collins was with the department 6 yrs and leaves a wife 6 yr old daughter and a 1 1/2 yr old son.

Crash happened at about 3:30 PM in broad daylight and speed is considered a factor. Collins was responding to assist another Deputy with an unruly juvenile in the Village of Lithopolis some distance away. Deputy was prounounced dead at the scene and the State Highway Patrol is conducting the investigation. Collins did have his siren/lights in operation as he negotiated the hills and curves of Rt 188.

Condition of car is horrendous with roof crushed all the way down to seats from rolling and striking pole with top of car.

Why do you post these when they are already listed on this site?

Comment

Originally posted by DH21187
      Some members might just visit here and not the home page with that info He's just trying to inform us.

On subject..

It really makes one sad to see so many fine men and women losing their lives. ESP to traffic crashes. The influx as of late has been troublesome to read.

I mean you read the bios of the passed officers.. They read like a resume..

SWATs
      Drug task forces
      Gang Squads

20 yrs of LEO experiences.. been all over but then that one day after they may have faced a million bad guys and lived, their Interceptor and a bad strech of road take their life.

Makes you think.
      Last edited by WNC-LE; 01-06-2006, 06:44 PM.
      RIP Officer Josh Williams
      Old Fort, NC PD # 919... 10-42... 02/01/2007

Our loss is heaven's gain

Comment

Because I was able to post it before officer.com had the info. It was one county east of us and it was posted here by me 24 hrs before officer.com had posted it on the home page ...... Any further questions?
        I had first hand info of the crash and know many officers with the Deputy's agency and the State Patrol Lt in charge of the scene..... Very dangerous curvy St Rt that has seen many a fatal.

Comment

Originally posted by DH21187
          Also, maybe some of us would like to discuss the news after we read it. Thanks for the post Bodie.

As a FTO I always preach safe driving to my rookies. I was involved in a major accident while on-duty which was not my fault and I had no chance of avoiding. It's easy to think of this job as dangerous because you might get shot or cut or beat up, but a lot of new officers don't realize that our #1 danger is driving for 8, 10, or 12 hours at a time. We've all worked enough bad accidents to know that it doesn't take much to go from living, breathing, and loving, to grieving.

My heart goes out to the officer's family, friends, and department.

Gibbmusic
          Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3378 users online. 208 members and 3170 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X