Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's official: Married couples don't have sex....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nickg
    replied
    interesting that i came across this today. perfect timing.
    --------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Joyce Brothers: Talk to doctor about low desire for sex

By DR. JOYCE BROTHERS
    SYNDICATED COLUMNIST

DEAR DR. BROTHERS: I've been married to a man I love very much for almost a year now. Before we got married, we took a vow not to have sex until after our wedding. I'm truly happy to say that I feel he enjoys the sexual aspect of our marriage, but I worry because while I don't dislike it, I guess I'm disappointed. It's not his inexperience. Before we got together, he'd been very active sexually. When I mentioned my reaction to our sex life to my mother, she told me she'd always felt the same way, but she loved my father and the family that resulted from their long marriage. Can you really love a man and still not care too much about sex? -- A.J.

DEAR A.J.: I believe you should discuss your lack of desire for sex with your physician, because it's possible he or she might be able to help. In both sexes, testosterone and other androgens -- hormones associated with males -- often help to increase sexual desire.

There are also psychological reasons for lack of desire, such as fatigue, anxiety over anything related to sex, and worry about health, finances or any problem that consistently troubles or frightens the person. Sexual trauma in the past can also inhibit sexual pleasure.

It's certainly possible to deeply love someone and still get less-than-anticipated enjoyment from the sexual act itself. In fact, a recent book co-written by Dr. Barry McCarthy, "Rekindling Desire," estimates that one in three women has little desire for sex or no desire at all. One in six males has relatively little sexual interest or desire.

DEAR DR. BROTHERS: Men are supposed to like sex so much, but my husband seems to like money a lot more. Unless he's having a lot of quick sex on the run, he's totally uninterested in it and never makes love to me. Ever since he lost a lot of money in the market and in a business that went bust, it's been more like being married to some religious zealot, only his passion is dollars and cents.

Right now, I wouldn't be surprised if he's incapable of having sex. Could a man in his mid-40s suddenly become impotent? I'm seriously thinking of having an affair with some guy just to see if my husband is capable of being jealous anymore -- and if he is, that might make him pay some attention to me sexually. -- B.L.

DEAR B.L.: From what you've written, your husband is under enormous pressure right now, and has been for some time. This degree of anxiety, which probably leads to lack of sleep as well, could certainly cause him to lose interest in sex. He needs your understanding, support and comfort if he's to survive all this. One poll revealed that 14 percent of those surveyed said they thought about money more than sex, politics, family, work and food. Give this guy a break.

The last thing he needs is for his wife to complicate matters or to deliberately have an extramarital affair in an attempt to make him jealous. First of all, you need to know that jealousy isn't an indication of love. All you'd achieve by doing something like this is to destroy your marriage -- and perhaps your husband, as well.

Leave a comment:

• BunnyFoo-Foo
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by shooter1201:
    quote:
    Call me old-fashioned!

Oh, no! I'm not falling for THAT trap!
    Oh, come on..why not? [Wink]

Leave a comment:

• nickg
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by 156:
    Nickg, since you're a self-proclaimed "horny old goat" I'm sure you don't have this problem, but it's not always the women who don't want to have sex. There's many men who aren't interested in sex, too. So is it okay for their wives to see it elsewhere as well?

oh i agree that it works both ways, no doubt. and when i talk about lack of libido i don't mean because of illness or a physical ailment. i just can't understand the "oh i don't care about sex anymore" mantra. the whole concept of lack of intimacy is just lost on me.

Leave a comment:

• shooter1201
    replied
    quote:
    Call me old-fashioned!

Oh, no! I'm not falling for THAT trap!

Leave a comment:

• BunnyFoo-Foo
    replied
    Can't people just leave their bedroom life to themeselves. I am so sick of hearing and/or reading about stuff like this. Enough is enough. Some people will just do anything to get in the news. I mean it is nobodies business what goes on in my bedroom; it is crude and ill-mannered to discuss such private things. Marriage is a beautiful institution built on respect and love; the way it is currently being displayed in the media (T.V., print) is disgusting. I am not a saint and engage in a joke or two with my sisters, some friends, even Mr. Bunny about men and sex, in general, but never about my own marital adventures. That is no bodies business. I am sure their children will be darn proud of that magazine article when they are adults themselves. Call me old-fashioned!
    O.K....I have vented....

Leave a comment:

replied
    HAHAHAHA!! Good one, Bunny!  -

Leave a comment:

• BunnyFoo-Foo
    replied
    Maybe he better introduce Mr. Johnson to Mr. Hand!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Nickg, since you're a self-proclaimed "horny old goat" I'm sure you don't have this problem, but it's not always the women who don't want to have sex. There's many men who aren't interested in sex, too. So is it okay for their wives to see it elsewhere as well?

Leave a comment:

• drunkhunter
    replied
    I just don't understand. Sex is a GREAT way to relieve stress.

Leave a comment:

• shooter1201
    replied
    quote:
    and his wife better take a good look in the mirror
    Maybe she oughta hang 'the mirror' from their bedroom ceiling....?

Leave a comment:

• nickg
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by 156:
    Wow, Nickg! What a comment! Are you saying it's okay to just go out and cheat when your wife isn't "putting out?" [Eek!]

what i'm saying is, if this guy DOES go out and get some then i'm not going to condemn him for it, and his wife better take a good look in the mirror. simple as that.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Wow, Nickg! What a comment! Are you saying it's okay to just go out and cheat when your wife isn't "putting out?" [Eek!]

Leave a comment:

• nickg
    replied
    remind me never to marry that pain in the *** woman. she'd be gone in a week!!

until that thing finally stops working on it's own will be the day i finally give up sex. and thankfully my wife has no problem with me being the "horny old goat"!!

don't worry. it won't be too long until her husband is out cattin' around lookin' for some. and i can't say that i would blame him.

Leave a comment:

• 3/4s
    replied
    Hell, I coulda told you that! That`s why I only had one wife and many girlfriends.

Leave a comment:

• Chief Wiggum
    replied
    NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4498 users online. 278 members and 4220 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X