300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U. of Phoenix Online thoughts????

Would doing the online program for a CJ degree be a worthwhile endeavor?

I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 credits already (no degree, two vocational certificates though) so I shouldn't have to do too many classes the get the degree.

Do you think it would give a little more aid in getting hired with an agency?
    Really? Guess what, I still don't care.

I would think as long it is acredited it should be fine.
    But I would like to know the answer cause I just started with them and slated to take the first course next week. I am already a LEO just trying to finish my degree. I picked them because of the full online course load.

TGY
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

The only problem I've seen with U of Phoenix is that the program is outrageously expensive. When I checked, it was like $400 a semester hour. Even if they give you the maximum amount of credits for work and life experience, thirty I think it is...you would still end up paying about $36,000 for a undergraduate degree. I know that the benefit of finishing your degree online is worth a little extra money...but not that much...at least, not to me. I've looked at some other online programs and they run anywhere between $200 and $400 a semester hour (all accredited).

Comment

I'd never spend money on a "college" that resorts to pop-ups and spam email to attract visitors.
        "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

Bubba, with a fine Community College system, and both the U.C and Cal State system, I would think you'd be set!

I know our local C.C offers serveral online courses now too.
          Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
          -Mark Twain

Comment

I am a Phoenix refugee.

UoP is accredited, and they are outrageously expensive, but the online aspect was attractive to me, although the deadlines of the 5-week terms can be grueling. I took 4 classes with them, and had a generally good experience however, until my last class.

The instructor was substandard, and also seemed to have no problem with academic dishonesty. I made complaints through channels and still nothing was done. I left.

I found a less expensive program here in FL, and so far have been pleased with it.
            Dave Kiefner
            [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

I looked around and could not fine many schools online that were cheaper. My dept picks up %100 + books so it doesn't affect me.
              I would like to know of other online schools please let me know.

TGY
              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

I'm taking some of their online classes. It's OK. There is no way I could complete the units going to a traditional school and still work full time and be able to post here (lol). Besides I have a short attention span and 5 weeks is about all I can handle of a lot of topics. So the fact I've been posting here for so long says a lot about this website, it's actually kept my interest for a long time. UOP is accredited and I'm considering transferring to another school so I can graduate from a traditional school. We'll see.. that might not be feasible due to my schedule.

Let me know how the CJ classes are, I'm taking a few of them starting next month, just as electives, my degree is in Information Technology.
                Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

[ 06-24-2003, 06:57 AM: Message edited by: Deputy757 ]

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by That Guy:
                    I would like to know of other online schools please let me know.

TGY

Go here for a bunch of links:

http://www.gradschools.com/listings/distance/crim_justice_distance.html

University of Wisconsin Platteville is a great criminal justice school, however the cost of $500 per credit ($1,500 per course) scared me away.
                    "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5538 users online. 352 members and 5186 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X