300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Rant

Ok, my turn. Gather round my friends and listen to the tale of the crappy weekend.

Friday 9:45am- 5 minuets until the end of my algebra class, I'm putting away my books and thinking about how I can convince the pretty girl sitting beside me to go to the movies with me tonight. My daydream is brought to a screeching halt as my professor announces he is giving a pop quiz for the last 5 mins, 1 question, either you make an A or an F. After struggling to put an answer down I turn in my paper and leave the class. Pretty girl is already gone and I've just started my weekend with a bad grade in an already difficult class. Oh well, at least its the weekend.

10:00am- After fighting my way out of the parking lot and driving across town I pick up my PC from the computer store. (It died on Wed. and despite my best efforts I couldn't revive it.) I hand the guy $80.00 cash for fixing it then lug it to my Jeep.

10:05am- I'm out of the parking lot and starting my 30min drive home. Its cold outside and raining again.

10:30am- I'm about 5 mins from home when a little red car passes my going the other direction, BAM, a rock is thrown up and hits my windshield taking a chip out of it. I say a few choice words wonder how much this is gonna cost to fix.

11:00am- After getting home, inspecting my windshield, getting out my PC and hooking it back up, and feeding the dog I finally sit down and turn my comp on. Hmmmmm, whats this ? An error message ? I'm f*cking shocked!!!! My PC works but its not fixed completely, now I have to take it back to the store next week because they are not open on weekends.

12:00pm- I eat a sandwich, take some aspirin and lay down for a nap.

12:15pm- The phone rings and like a moron I pick it up. Its work, and guess what ? I'm the lucky winner of 2 days worth of overtime!!! They need me (read forcing me) to work Sat. and Sun. I almost never have sat and sun off, my days are usually like mon/tue or thur/fri. But I got lucky this week and had fri/sat/sun. Or at least I did until fri!!!!! So I get my jobsite assignments, which suck, and I hang up the phone. I then say a few more choice words.

12:25pm- So much for a nap, this is now my only day off this week. I have to get some stuff done. I spend most of the rest of the day doing some chores around the house and stopping to watch some soap operas, all the while thinking how until 9:45 this morning my biggest problem was trying to descide what cheezy pick-up line to try out.

5:00pm- Most of my Friday is over, I spend the evening watching tv and messing around on the internet.

Saturday 8:30am- I awake to more cold temps outside and more rain. I pretty much spend the whole day doing much of what I did fri.

3:00pm- I start getting ready for work, 8 hours of standing around in the rain waiting for something to happen at the shopping center that I'll probably get blamed for no matter how I handle it.

4:00pm- I'm at work, I got the crappy radio you have to hold "just right" to transmit. All seems quiet, hope midnight gets here fast.

11:00pm- Everything is closed now, an hour left of this miserable day.

12:00am- At home, I hit the shower and then the bed.

Sunday- Much the same, only I spend it at an industrial facility in front of a wall of cameras. The chip in my glass has now turned into a 2 inch crack, to late now for a home repair kit. My comps still beeping at me, I have class first thing in the morning and I'm sitting here complaining on a BB, guess I should go to sleep now.

Finally tally-

one weeked of work
    -80 dollars for a non-fixed comp
    a cracked windshield
    a grade that won't help my GPA
    a cold (from the wet/cold temp)
    probably some flames for spelling errors in this post

and now monday!!!

Ok, rant over. I know, its life, to bad life really sucks sometimes.
    There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

Steven Wright

quote:
    Originally posted by Rimfire:
    probably some flames for spelling errors in this post

Okay, since you insist

quote:
    descide what cheezy
    Decide what cheesy

quote:
    one weeked of work
    weekend

That's not including the grammar errors

Hope your week is better.

[ 11-04-2002, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: occiferdave ]

Comment

If it makes you feel any better... at least you didnt get your "." *****insert cheesey *** smile here*****
      Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

awww...

donut worry, Monday can hardly be worse than a weekend like that.

If it's any consolation, the outdoor high the last two days here hasn't been above 27 degrees, and I donut have HEAT yet in the house. I have a small farm, and the outdoor spigot is frozen, so as soon as I log off here, I must go lug water buckets from the kitchen sink. Times seven or eight trips.

TRADEJA???

(p.s. I didn't think anyone except public safety and some utility type jobs could legally *force out*. I HATE that. )

Comment

Do they not have Caller ID where you live? If I don't want to work and they are calling me while I'm asleep, I'm not going to answer the phone.

It really stinks being forced from home.
          RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Rimfire:

12:00pm- I eat a sandwich,

Pretty sad when eating a sandwich is the highlight of you weekend. It can only get better.
            Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

Rim,

Sounds like you could use a hug. You poor thing. (((((Rim))))). Hope your week goes smooth for you.

BTW, rant all ya want. That's what we're here for.

Comment

Yeah, I was just happy to form semiliterate sentences after the last 62 hours.

deputy37, that really sucks. I'm a Texan though, we laugh at those who complain about "scorching temps" when its 95 degrees. And then we shut everything down when there's even a chance of snow. I'm really not a cold weather person.

Nope, no caller ID out here. I'm lucky to have an Internet connection.

I wasn't exactly forced. More like you REALLY need to come to work today, it would REALLY be in your BEST interest.

It was a good sandwich though, turkey. Yum!!!

Thanks KK. Hope your feeling better.
                There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

Steven Wright

Comment

Are you sure you don't work with Christina? [Wink]
                  "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                  -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Look on the bright side. The overtime that you worked will probably be enough to pay for your new windshield.

Comment

You big girl.....You are looking at it in a negative light. The worse case scenario would be that you didn't get the overtime. How else are you going to pay for the cracked windscreen???
                      "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." Sir James Dewar 1842-1923

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3804 users online. 243 members and 3561 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X