300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couples' Songs

I'm making a video for my parents 25th anniversary and I am trying to think of romantic type songs to add to it. What are some songs that are considered couples's songs.. You know.. like most couples have a song like Unforgettable, or Keeper of the Stars. The older the better

Thanks!

Our song is "See you in September". We met when we were 16. He always went to Massachusetts for the summer and I always missed him so much. Even now, when this song plays, I get misty eyed!

Comment

Here ya go Mitzi...
      http://smickandsmodoo.com/aaa/rocknroll/cuinsept.mid

Comment

Indian Love Call: Nelson Eddy and Jeannette MacDonald!

Good Night My Someone from Music Man.

Some Enchanted Evening from South Pacific.

Love is a Many Splintered Thing from Sex on The Park Bench.
        ------------------
        **Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.**
        6P1 (retired)

[This message has been edited by Don (edited 05-09-2001).]
        6P1 (retired)

Comment

Here's a few Raychel,
          I can always dig out some CD's and see what I have.

"Love Scene from Romeo and Juliet" Tchaikovsky ( I think it is the Piano Concerto in B Flat Minor ( Tonight We Love)

The Wedding March from "A Midsummers Night Dream" Mendelson

"More than Love" (Piano sonata #8 in C Minor Pathetique) Beethoven

TRADITIONAL:

Unchained Melody
          MIDI
          http://members.spree.com/entertainme...go/bigband.htm

"You're The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me " Gladys Knight

"Moon River" Andy Williams

"Color My World" Chicago

"Endless Love" Diana Ross & Lionel Richie

"I Only Have Eyes For You" The Flamingos

"True Love"
          "I fall To Pieces"
          "Sweet Dreams"
          "I Love You So Much It Hurts"
          by Patsy Cline

AND YOU SAID OLD???

"When The Lights Go On Again" ( all over the world) Vaugn Monroe

"Dream" The Pied Pipers

"I Love You" (for sentimental reasons)Eddy Howard Orchestra

"Peg O My Heart" Buddy Clark

"Till The End Of Time"
          "Some Enchanted Evening"
          Perry Como

"There I Said It Again" Vaughn Monroe

"Sentimental Journey" Les Brown/Doris Day

"Stardust" Artie Shaw

"I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire" The Don Juans with the Horrace Heidt orchestra

------------------
          "We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way." General George S. Patton

[This message has been edited by Guard Dog (edited 05-09-2001).]
          "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

Awww, Rachel, now you made cry! I can remember my husband always leaving right after school was out and I missed him SO much. One year, we broke up because he met someone up there. I was totally heartbroken. Then, there was a knock on my door a few months later and it was like always! He decided he missed me too much. We have now been married 31 years om May 23! And the girl that he met up there? She's been divorced 5 times lol

[This message has been edited by Mitzi (edited 05-09-2001).]

Comment

Gotta go with GD - Unchained Melody is one of "our" songs. Also like "Happy Together" (Turtles).

For our first wedding dance, we had "Lara's Theme" from Dr Zhivago.
              Dave Kiefner
              [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

How about:

Beauty and the Beast
                Paul

Comment

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that March 27th marked our 25th anniversary. "Color My World" was ONE of our songs. Now you got me looking at midi files and listening to old favorites.

------------------
                  "We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way." General George S. Patton

[This message has been edited by Guard Dog (edited 05-09-2001).]
                  "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

My wife's and my song is 'Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'', by Journey.

Other favorites from 20 years ago are 'I Want to Kiss You All Over', by Exile and 'Paradise By the Dashboard Lights', by Meatloaf.

We celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary on May 16th.

[This message has been edited by shooter1201 (edited 05-09-2001).]
                    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

I cant believe nobody mentioned the greatest couples love song of all time, "Up where we belong" by Joe Cocker! That song was awesome

------------------
                      I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
                      Winston Churchill

Comment

A beautiful song to celebrate an anniversary would be the "Anniversary Waltz" from "The Jolson Story". Old but timeless.

------------------
                        Nell

"People are like stained-glass windows, they sparkle and shine when the sun is out but when the darkness sets in
                        their true beauty is revealed only if their light is from within."
                        - Elizabeth Kubler Ross
                        When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine yourself....

Comment

Not oldies, but definitely goodies.

When I'm With You---Sheriff
                          This was our song for our first dance at our wedding reception.

From This Moment---Shania Twain and ?
                          Only a couple of years old, but I've done this one at several weddings.
                          Contrary to popular belief, knowledge is not power. Without wisdom, knowledge is useless.

Comment

Wind Beneath My Wings? Is that appropriate? At least that is how I feel about my wife.

------------------
                            **Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.**
                            6P1 (retired)
                            6P1 (retired)

Comment

Mine is Always and Forever by Heatwave. NOT Luther Vandross he just copied it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3028 users online. 193 members and 2835 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X