X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InSane1
    AKA:XENA Warrior Princess
    • Feb 2002

Passionate

I just realized that there are certain topics that I am very passionate about.

What are the subjects that cause you to feel this way?
    Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!
  • AutumnAngel
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2002

Children. Children are sooo innocent and I don't like it when they are abused, manipulated or mistreated in any way shape or form.

Drunk Driving. I am a MADD momma about this one. I donate money to that organization every year. This is one of the most despicable crimes I can even think of -- don't get me started. I mean how irresponsible can you be really????

Those are probably my 2 biggest blood-boiling topics that I can think of. I'm sure once people start posting their thoughts my wheels will start turning some more.
    Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

• Deputy757

1. Father's rights
      2. Faith
      3. Whether Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone

Comment

• Tprspouse
        The Wife
        • Jul 2000

Abusing children, the elderly, and animals. All of which cannot defend themselves.
        "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

• shooter1201
          O.com's #2 trouble maker
          • Feb 2001

Children, the 2nd Amendment, the elderly, pets, children, public education, children. Did I mention children?
          "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
          -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

• Xanthorius
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2000

I agree with the children thing. When the child crimes detective came in and taught during the Academy, most of us went home and got a little weepy. Hurting others is terrible, but hurting kids...I swear to God, every time I read about it I think I burst a vein in my head
            I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

Forum Member
              • Aug 2002

1. Politics

2. Religion

3. Abortion

4. Personal responsibility for one's own actions

5. The abuse of children, elderly, animals

6. Welfare and the abuse of it

7. Whether or not Elvis is really dead

Comment

• Kentuckian
                Forum Member
                • Jan 2003

Other than being passionate about some of my personal interests (history, firearms etc.), an overriding passion of mine deals with how one human being treats another. I freely admit that I can be rather uncompromising in my views.

First, I don't like to see a child abused. I'm not talking about discipline, I'm talking about abuse and outright mistreatment. One can't molest a child, and then turn around and give excuses or reasons. There is no valid reason, and such people are fortunate that laws protect them, because I believe that 'primitive and medieval' punishments for such offenders should be the order of the day.

Second, I was raised to be a gentleman, and I believe that women should be treated with respect (yes, even my ex.. . This not only deals with verbal and physical abuse, but I don't like using foul language in the presence of females, and I routinely use 'ma'am', when addressing females, regardless of age. On more than one occasion, I've said, "Thank you ma'am, only to have the lady say, "I'm not old!!". I then respond by saying, "Pardon me, but I use it as a sign of respect, not age." It's awesome to see their jaw drop, and to see them quitely say, "Thank you." Yes, I know giving such respect is outdated, but I do it anyway.

Third, I don't like to see one person mistreat another. What I mean is, I don't like to see some criminal with a 'Thug for life' mentality prey on (rob, car jack, etc.) someone who they perceive as weaker. When I was coming up, I got in a lot of fights, and part of it was due to the teachings of my father. He taught me to never start a fight, and to try to walk away from one if you could. If they won't let you walk away, then HIT them........ I can honestly say that I've never started a fight, but I DID get a reputation for beating up bullies.

Finally, I don't like to see someone abuse their authority. If someone is given position and authority, that position exists so that they can serve and make conditions better for those under them. When I see someone in authority abuse it, it always makes me think of a 'small' person (not stature) being given 'big britches', and constantly going around pulling them up and lording it over other folks to try to 'prove' themselves.

I believe that someone in position of authority should be humble, and should be willing to make personal sacrifices when necessary in order to make conditions better for those who serve under them.

I know, I know, my ideas are off the wall, but so am I....
                'If the grass is greener on the other side, water your OWN lawn.'

Comment

• retired
                  Senior Veteran
                  • Jun 2000

Trailer parks for Mike!
                  Retired

Comment

• Niteshift
                    No Longer Active
                    • Mar 2000

Preserving the second amendment.

Constantly learning.

Protecting kids.

And lately, fathers rights.

Comment

• Cockney Corner
                      Forum Member
                      • Apr 2003

Deputy

Just to set your mind at rest, Oswald did it all on his lonesome. Check out "Case Closed" by Gerald Posner. With you on father's rights.

[ 06-21-2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Cockney Corner ]
                      I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Comment

• BunnyFoo-Foo
                        Forum Member
                        • May 2003

1. Child Abuse;; there is no excuse for it ...EVER

2. Pedophiles and rapists being released from prison on good behavior....or because "they change" It is an illness that cannot be cured!

3. Prejudice; dont get me started.

4. Parents who let their children do whatever they want because " that is just the way he/she is" "He is gonna do it anyway" "What can I do?"

5. When people ask me "What do you do?" or say " Oh, you are a housewife...OHHH....how nice" like all I do is sit on my butt all day and file my nails or snap my fingers for my robot maid to scrub the floors and chase after my 10 month old while she crawls away from me with a dirty diaper attached by one velcro tab..... GGGGRRRRRR

6. When people tell me I dont look or sound Mexican......because I have light olive skin and dont speak with an accent...someone had the nerve to tell me once, "Oh no..you have got to have some white blood in you..there is no way you are full-blooded Mexican. It was pointless to explain that my paternal grandfather may have had a little Indian blood in him, but we were not sure.......I mean , what is the point explaining anything to people who think that we all look like Benito Juarez or Pancho Villa? AAAAGH,,,ya see how I get!
                        "You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas."
                        Davy Crockett

Comment

• Kentuckian
                          Forum Member
                          • Jan 2003

I'm with you on the race issue Bunny, you absolutely DON'T want me to get started on race relations and racism........
                          'If the grass is greener on the other side, water your OWN lawn.'

Comment

• J-WS6
                            No Longer Active
                            • Apr 2003

1. The United States; I get very offended if someone critizises, rightly or wrongly.

2. 2nd Amendment

3. Animal and child abuse. I have a strong need to protect those that cant protect themselfs.

4. Welfare abuse. Get off your fat ***, stop having kids you cant feed and get a f**kin job!

5. Lack of respect and discipline. I think this stems from my own lack of disipline in my teenage years.

Theres more, im a very opinionated person :-)

Comment

• SO 5150
                              Forum Member
                              • Jan 2003

Rudeness

My wife and kids

Music

Sleep

Movies

Spy novels

the F-4 Phantom
                              "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids." -General Jack D. Ripper, Commanding General, Burpleson Air Force Base

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12204 users online. 73 members and 12131 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...