Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well...I survived my trip to E. St. Louis.....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well...I survived my trip to E. St. Louis.....

....even IF I took the 'scenic route' on the way UP...courtesy of a 'friend's' 'short cut' directions(I didn't know there were parts of Kentucky that still didn't have electricity!). Boy.....SHE's gonna pay! I took the FAST I-55 way BACK!

My itinerary included:

* Hitting the local 'cop shops' where I couldn't look at ANYthing w/o signed department letter.

* Hitting some GREAT Army/Navy surplus stores. I ddin't know they still existed!

* Hitting a few gun stores where I got sticker shock(AND had to show I.D. just to LOOK at a gun). Guns are CHEAPER 'up North' than here in the South...by up to a couple of hundred $$$, depending on model. Who woulda thunk it?!?!

* Filing a police report. [Eek!] My brother-in-law tried to stop a guy suspected of stealing construction materials and almost got run over for his efforts. BTW...I LIKE Edwardsville, IL cops! (Especially the cute blonde than took the report) Black BDUs, tactical thigh holsters....and 'LAPD' patrol car paint schemes! )

* St. Louis BBQ

BTW...what's up with the 65MPH on Illinois interstates....and 55MPH for semis? The semis seem to have fun blocking both lanes, forcing passenger vehicles to crawl along with them....

ANYway.....there's NO PLACE LIKE HOME!
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

70?! Who does 70?!

Seriously...I have no idea if we lose any fed $$$ or not. I'll find out, though.
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."

Comment

I usually run about 85 on the interstate. I had the cruise set on 80 coming back on I-55 thru Missouri. A guy passed ME.....and got waved over by a Missouri trooper out on ANOTHER stop about 5 miles later.

Nashville in about 160 or so miles from my house. My buddies and I camp about 25 or so miles on the OTHER side of Nashville. Last February, I made that trip BACK home in LESS than 2 and a half hours.

Maybe I need to change my screen name to Fastie2? LOL

[ 06-21-2003, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]

Comment

When I lived in the UK.. where traffic enforcement is non-existant (Dont argue with me UK boys.. When it comes to going really fast on the M1, I rule ).. I would do a steady 100 on the highway (70 limit) and never worry about being pulled over. Infact in the 000's of motorway miles I did, I never got pulled over for speeding. When I got here I freaked out ! I got pulled over twice in an hour in VA for like 75 in a 65. Now I just DONT speed. Maybe 5-6mph over, max 10 but only when on lonely stretches of I-95.
        Anything over that and I get nervous that the underpaid, understaffed and well equiped FHP will nab me.

Comment

I remember FHP's 5.0 Mustangs.

Comment

I've got one.. a fully marked FHP 5.0

(its 1/18th scale )

Comment

I had a chance to drive a REAL one...ca. 1992.

Comment

JWS6 it was a long time since you were here then cos no one can go fast on the M1 anymore,there is so much traffic it polices itself!. Mind you the M20 was nice and clear coming back from my booze cruise to France so I had to keep slowing down from 90mph, we got stopped on it once at 94mph but professional courtesied our way out of that one.

Comment

Leigh... That stretch of the M1 North from the A406 (exit 2?) past London gateway services at night :-)

And theres always the A1M which was always pritty dead when not in urban area.

Comment

They have all got cameras on them now so if you come back for a visit I wouldn't try and relive a mispent youth!!
                    The cameras are why you see people breaking under gantries and bridges mind you there are enough cameras on the two miles bteween my house and Sainsburys to get myself banned twice over. Before they did the cameras I managed London Hastings in 75 mins one night now its at least 90.

Comment

Seems I moved at the right time !

I used to live Just off the Archway road (bottom of the A1, where it turns into a dual-carrigway just north of Holloway rd), Camera's everywhere!

I detest speed camera's, if im gonna get caught speeding, I want it to be by a person

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3985 users online. 244 members and 3741 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X