300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing Some Bad News ::: FOP President Charged With OVI

Recently the President of the Capital City Lodge of The Fraternal Order of Police (Lodge 9) was charged with OVI (DUI in some areas). He was on his way home from Columbus to Circleville when the Pickaway County Sheriff and Highway Patrol received calls about an Impala weaving and driving too fast on St Rt 104. By the time one caller saw the car again it had ran off the road and crashed into a tree.

A Pickaway County Deputy and a Sgt detected the odor of alcohol on the driver who turned out to be Leif Biekel 39 a Franklin County Patrol Deputy & President of the local FOP. As FOP leader he does not report for duty he just works for the lodge. The local lodge represents the Columbus Police. The Franklin County Sheriff's Department, All Central Ohio suburban and township agencies and college police officers.

He did refuse a breath test and complained of neck pain and was taken to the hospital. The judge in Pickaway County is the tiughest judge in the State of Ohio on drunk drivers so we will see how his not guilty plea plays out.

We have had too many officers charged with drunk driving in Central Ohio the past two years including a Sheriff's Sgt that was part of the DUI task Force.

As the holidays approach I urge all officers to carefully think about their own safety and their careers and to not drink and drive.

Good message Bodie. As one of the many LEO's across this country that have nearly been killed on-duty by a drunk driver, I can say that I personally take this message to heart. Guys, think about how much death and destruction you've seen in your career due to normal people like us having too much to drink and getting behind the wheel. It's not worth it if you get caught and it's definately not worth it if you don't get caught and kill somebody or yourself.

Gibbmusic

Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

Comment

Local Media all three TV Stations NBC4 and the Columbus Dispatch carried this arrest for three days and will no doubt cover the outcome.

Comment

Off topic...Good to see you are still around Bodie...
        si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Wow Gibb, that is one tore up car Good to see your OK.

My father was killed by a stoned driver in TN and all they did was take the guys license for 6 months due to poor crime scene control and evidence collection. It is good to see Ohio is doing things right.

Bodie, good to see you back, I knew you couldn't stay away from us forever.
          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Bodie,

Stop that!

You had me going with your title; I thought you ment Chuck Canterbury.
            Kelly

We are the thin blue line
            between you
            and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Sorry just local lodge pres. but huge lodge anyway

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3971 users online. 256 members and 3715 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X