300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another video of Ok PD- This one OK.

Another guy takes video of an arrest, this time it was yesterday in Oklahoma city, Ok. But the film shows two officers having to use what any PD would recognize as reasonable force; the repeated, full-force blows to the back of the thighs and the blows across the shoulders did not seem to register on the subject. The officers had to use a spray before that action, but the chemical also caused no visiable reaction in the man. The BG had to be at minimum 250 lbs, very large bulk and was not going to comply with the PD commands.

CNN has it, it's being reported as Another Police Beating on Tape. Those officers stayed within guidlines.

Jim Burnes

Is it possible that in part the public’s over reaction to these incidents is the lack of understanding policing in general?

[ 07-10-2002: Message edited by: 555 ]

Comment

Clearly yes; but also there is a majority of citizens who support the officers efforts, but simply remain quiet.

It's the smaller group of people who will take advantage of the silence to use any opportunity, however wrongheaded, to make the officers out to be the bad guys.

Jim Burnes

Comment

Yeppers the vast but majority who are staying silent is as bad as those few who are vocal. That is why a lot of the things that have been taken from us have been taken because the majority of the speeple just follow along blindly.

Klar
        Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Some famous person once said that the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and presumably women) to do nothing. I don't remember who that famous person was, but there is a lot of truth in the statement.

Comment

I disagree. Many people do support the police, and are not financially able to take off from their jobs to show support of police. Maybe they should, but that's reality.

Who's to say what the status ofsome of those protesters are? Who knows how they can skip work, or even if they work?

When I am called for jury duty, my business stops. It shuts down, and for as long as I am there, I make NOTHING. I still go, because I have to, and I veiw it as a solemn obligation, and I'm sure many people would go to a police support activity, but the economic reality of it might not be what you think.

Think about that before you trash all of us sheep. When I can go, I do. Instead of that, I write leters, and send emails and make calls to whatever sorry bastard politicians will listen. Forget the media, they only care about those who support their view.

So there, you have it.

Comment

Pay close attention to the faces of those people picketing and rioting. Certainly they must drive and therefor you may just run into them one day while out enforcing your local traffic code

Comment

Originally posted by 555:
                It is possible that in part the public’s over reaction to these incidents is the lack of understanding policing in general.

[ 07-10-2002: Message edited by: 555 ]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4030 users online. 186 members and 3844 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X