300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so $$$$$$??????

I was just looking at the plane fares for mid Feb. and I know it's school vacation and all, but why is plane fare close to $400 per ticket????? Geez Louise! I may just be staying home!

I tried expedia, orbitz, travelocity and southwest. Southwest was the biggest "deal" at $197 r/t for a n/s flight, BUT I'd have to fly into a different airport close to 3 hours away!

I wanted to take the kids down to see their grandparents this winter! ho hum. [Wink]
    "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Welllll, I'll hafta explain this so it's very clearly understood by most of the posters on this BB, as they are just "dumb cops" and allll
    After years of studying, working with, and flying on the commercial airlines, I have come to appreciate the complexities of transportation and general aviation. The regulations and directives they must abide by are numerous, often requiring one to have an understanding of legalese in ADDITION to a commercial pilots license with all the appropriate endorsements. However, the greatest contributing factor, in my opinion, would be the fact that it compared to your average car, a Boeing 747, for instance, takes up to 25,100 squirrels on those treadmills---and that's just to get airborne! Have you seen the price of acorns lately?!

Pax
    American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

I thought Southwest airlines offered decent fares. I've only been able to find a round trip fare for close to $500.

OMG! No thanks!
      "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3692 users online. 212 members and 3480 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X