Heather Fong

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heather Fong

Anyone know if she's a good chief or just the mayor and the gay rights crowd's mouthpiece? Sounds like she over reacted big time on the video matter.
    You just have to know how to arrest them and still make them like you. We call it technique.

She seems to be a joke.

That's all I can say about it.

Comment

My AJ teacher was her partner back in the day, and he loved her
      All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by padsrule33
        My AJ teacher was her partner back in the day, and he loved her
        Is your AJ teacher's name Tom?

I've known her since she was a patrolman walking the footbeat years ago. She's worked her way to the top. She inherited the mess after "fajita gate".
        Last edited by deputy x 2; 12-17-2005, 09:20 AM.
        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

That last 'lil comic relief video outta SFPD will test her discipline skills I'm sure.
          "ACTA NON VERBA" (Deeds not words!)

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2
            Is your AJ teacher's name Tom?

I've known her since she was a patrolman walking the footbeat years ago. She's worked her way to the top. She inherited the mess after "fajita gate".

mmmm fajitas sound good mmmm
            THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Sure do! Well, I reckon it's Mexican food for lunch! Thanks PG! So many decisions today! LOL!
              "ACTA NON VERBA" (Deeds not words!)

Comment

Originally posted by cimcop1
                Sure do! Well, I reckon it's Mexican food for lunch! Thanks PG! So many decisions today! LOL!

Hey what can I say... I am hungry...lol
                THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Except for "TV star" Bratton, their are no longer any Chiefs in CA

Originally posted by Conner
                  She seems to be a joke.

That's all I can say about it.
                  Well you've said a mouthful! All these so-called Chiefs are little more than "puppets" nowadays!!!The idea behind placing Chiefs of Police into a civil service protected class was to allow them to be strong ,individually minded people,who can make hard decisions.Not anymore- being a Chief is a scape goats position and from talking to many different coppers, their bosses are a mixed bag of "stand up guys" to spineless"yes men".Chief Helen Fong had better think carefully about how she treats the officers in this matter; she NEEDS their support more than the so-called community,who could care less if she or anyone else is Chief (she could be replaced in a day and NO one would care in S.F.- but if the coppers aren't out on the streets or there is a "work slow down"-PEOPLE will care) Also, lest she and that "questionable" mayor want their own dirty laundry aired out in public, Fong had better watch out on the issue of violating the POBR.

There was a former Chief down here in So.Calif who ran Inglewood PD into the "Ground" on discipline issues-until a few shotgun Blasts hit his house "mysteriously" and officers had a "vote of no confidence" in him - Even Former LAPD Chief Bernard Parks made the mistake of playing to the "mob"( i.e. "concerned citizens",political activists, fringe cop haters) and all it did was get him removed from the Chiefs position when it was found that crime started going up and officers stopped being aggressive in dealing with criminals. discipline when its needed ? "yes"- excessive force, lying,theft- okay with me as no copper should engage in things he/she would arrest a normal citizen for. but punishment for being critical of the Dept,city or just making crude jokes? Damn , but isn't the 1st amendment supposed to cover all Americans,even Cops? If Fong did work her way up from the "Beat" then she should remember how tough it can be,or maybe thats just it- she didn't like being in the "dirt" with the everyday "slob" in a uniform, and decided that promoting was the way to be "important".Most admin "drones" seem to sell their souls to mgm't just to get out of a uniform, and they tend to care less about what the common worker must endure( now that they have cushy office jobs,weekends and holidays off, and don't have to roll up ****y drunks at 2am ,or aids infected durggies on parole)...........
                  Last edited by DOAcop38; 12-17-2005, 12:21 PM.
                  "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38
                    Most admin "drones" seem to sell their souls to mgm't just to get out of a uniform, and they tend to care less about what the common worker must endure( now that they have cushy office jobs,weekends and holidays off, and don't have to roll up ****y drunks at 2am ,or aids infected durggies on parole)...........
                    Howdy DOAcop38- long time no hear!

Isn't that the definition of administration and management? Admin is admin where ever you go. I seriously doubt that "it is greener somewhere else."

I WANT to keep my spine. ...no promotions for me!!
                    Last edited by deputy x 2; 12-17-2005, 12:35 PM.
                    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

When I first came in she was a LT. She's very by the book, unlike the last two chiefs who didn't last long (Fegan and Sanders).

Comment

Backfired

Patrol officer till I die!

The whole fiasco was a disgrace, the Chief is supposed to be working WITH the cops not against them and discipline should always be internal.

This had nothing to do with cleanign up the SFPD or discipline it was purely a PR stunt to show how 'up-front' and 'tough' the Xhief and Mayer are.

Unfortunately for them it backfired as the majority didnt give a **** and saw the funny side while thinking the Chief and Mayor were being paid a lot of money for such small problems.

Comment

Originally posted by 18C3V
                          When I first came in she was a LT. She's very by the book, unlike the last two chiefs who didn't last long (Fegan and Sanders).
                          Ah...that would be "fajita gate".

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2
                            Howdy DOAcop38- long time no hear!

Isn't that the definition of administration and management? Admin is admin where ever you go. I seriously doubt that "it is greener somewhere else."

I WANT to keep my spine. ...no promotions for me!!

Happy holidays ,DepX2- No, you can promote and find that median- Depts need people who will do the right thing for the "public good", but also support ,protect ,and lead the staff they are entrusted with.Like where I work, too many mediocre officers want to promote to "get out of the cold"
                            but they don't have what it takes to be "true" leaders, and tend to be incompentent, petty tyrants when it comes to directing and disciplining the rank and file( you should see their sorry asses when they attempt to "micro manage" and don't know what they are talking about- had one " 2 yr wonder" yell at officers for NOT announcing their "presence" on a residential burlgary in progress- officers found the suspect in the victims house laying the victims guns on an adjacent bed- imagine what would have happened if he KNEW they were coming and loaded the shotgun or the bolt action .300win. mag rifle!).Guess Chief Fong and many other "so called" leaders forgot the time honored addage , " punish in private, praise in public"........
                            "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Heather Fong

Really don't much about Heather Fong, but I go back to the Joseph Wambaugh caution about not trusting anyone above the rank of Sergeant. The sad fact is, all too many "chiefs" nowadays owe their positions to a mayor or some political faction. The last thing they're going to do is stand up for an Officer doing his/her job. To hold on to their positions, they'll pander to the entitlement crowd, the poverty pimps, and anti-cop activists. That's not all of them, and may not be Chief Fong, but it's a whole lot of them.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7792 users online. 246 members and 7546 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X