Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BHPD
    replied
    My wife had a rediculous situation the other day at work. She is the program director for 3 sites that do in-home care for people with developmental disabilites-people that can't care at all for themselves. This black lady was sleeping on the job, not watching the clients, so my wife fired her which is policy. She screamed racism and lawsuit. "It's because I'm black", she stated. Un-freaking-believable. I'm sure she is a Jesse Jackson follower. That guy breeds hate.

Leave a comment:

• RT
    replied
    That is such a sad story. I think those parents might deserve a beating for the lies they are putting in there childrens mind. I think they are no better than the KKK. I go out of my way to always try to improve relations with the black community. I hate it when anyone on either side does anything to hurt the relationship.

Leave a comment:

• ice_fog
    replied
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by shooter1201:
    [QB]For the past 8 months, I've been trying to build a reputation of honesty and sincerity among the people that I deal with as a police officer.

That is basicaly what i have been trying to do for some time now. and i think slowly it is starting to work. i never expected for things to change over night, or if even at all. only thing i am trying to do is let people know that we ( police) are not the bad guy.
    Excalibur this was not a racial thing it hurt cus it was comming from a kid. but it is ok cus now i know that i just need to spend a little more time with this young kid and show him the good that we all do.

Leave a comment:

• SpecOpsWarrior
    replied
    Do i have a point?

No, because you dont have a clue. Being a "Gangsta" doesnt give you any idea of what a cops job is. When you do get a clue come back and talk to us. I will be waiting to see your next "enlightend" post.

Leave a comment:

• cwopete
    replied
    I was stationed in Washington DC for a time, and shortly after my son was born (very prematurely I might add), we were trying to get him to sleep. A group of young girls, 2 white and 1 black, were playing in the stairwell and making a racket. I asked them to quiet down and play somewhere else. They politely complied and that was the last of it (I thought). The next day, as the family and I were leaving for a walk, 2 young black men confronted me, my wife, my five year old daughter and newborn son. They jumped out from behind some bushes and began ranting at us, implying that I had call "the sister a bitch". I felt immediately threatened (who wouldn't the way they came at us!) and prepared for what I believed would be an ugly fight. After a moment, when I didn't back down, I think they realized they couldn't take me. I very angrily asked why they had jumped my family like this, that someone could've gotten hurt very badily, and the older one replied "we at war with you all".

I had merely asked their "sister" and company to play elsewhere, and somehow it got twisted into an ugly racial confrontation.

I can only imagine why young African-Americans feel this way, considering their rap idols on TV preach a sick hate-like gospel. It has become popular culture for them. I guess the shoe is finally on the other foot. Now the big question is, how can the damage be undone???

Leave a comment:

• Jensenfarm
    replied
    Originally posted by Rayden:
    Jensenfarm,
    and how old is this kid that gave you the finger?

**********Major Snippiage*************

Do i have a point?
    If you re-read my post, the youngster who "flipped me off" was approximately 18 months........STILL IN A PAMPER!
    He now is approximately 12 years old, on trial for kicking a man to death with 4 or 5 other older sibilings and cousins.
    And I can't see your point, & you also need remeidal engilsh to correct errors in punctuation and grammar.....

Leave a comment:

• Niteshift
    replied
    "I know cops duty is to be aggressive towards suspects but not too aggressive that'll make the suspect hospitalize the job is to put away the suspect without putting him or her into a hospital where hes beaten to death...."

Oh please rayden, share with us how you know this?

Leave a comment:

• Excalibur
    replied
    Just sad. Ksfuzz, I think you are only half right. Most, the vast majority, of officers are good people doing an honest and respectable job. But those few bad apples are the ones out making a lot of those "contacts". Those few bad ones encounter many more people in their carreer than the honest officers do, and that throws the proportions out of wack in the eyes of the civilians.

You guys are only seeing half the story though. It isn't just black or hispanic kids that do this, but white kids as well. I've seen it happen with my own eyes, and the kid wasn't interested in what color the officer was, it was the uniform that set him off. A little two year old breaking away from his mother to physically attack the officer. I have never seen a more condfused man in my life, and I could tell it really hurt him afterwards.

The public, kids especially, need more contact with the honest officers, maybe just to find out that the cops are just people instead of the enemy. I salute those of you going out of your way to reach these kids on a human level. Maybe, just maybe, it will make them question what they have previously learned. I don't envy you in your job.

Leave a comment:

• Pnutt
    replied
    It's a sign of the times.

Leave a comment:

• shooter1201
    replied
    For the past 8 months, I've been trying to build a reputation of honesty and sincerity among the people that I deal with as a police officer.

I remember being surprised, and hurt, when I noticed little kids RUNNING from my patrol car when I drove up their street.

I remember these cute little Mexican girls peeking at me from behind trees when I drove through their trailer park.

What did I do to change THEIR behavior and perception of 'the police'? I got out of my car and TALKED with them....and their parents/guardians. I also began keeping candy(suckers) in my patrol car for each kid I come in contact with. You'd be surprised how many ADULTS I give those to, also. I showed them that *I* was HUMAN....complete with feelings....and faults.

Last weekend, I responded with other city units to a domestic. A 'husband' was supposedly restraining his wife against her will. Turns out, the 'wife' was trying to go buy drugs(had no $$$ so she was going to sell herself).

Anyway, a couple of the younger adults at the residence(I knew from past encounters), asked if they could talk to me.....SINCE THEY KNEW I WOULD LISTEN to them. They were concerned about the 2 year old child living in the house. Gee...here were half a dozen young adults that the other officers habitually IGNORE, showing CONCERN for another human being. Imagine that....

Anyway......your skin will get 'thicker', unfortunately.

[ 07-23-2001: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]

Leave a comment:

• WCall
    replied
    Rayden, or should I say gangster ,

The only point you have made is one of ignorance. Incidents like that occur far less frequently than what you or the media would like us to believe. If a parent will raise a child to have respect for authority, that same parent is not going to teach their child to tell the cops to f**k off whenever they come into contact with them. Gee, wonder why these kids end up behind bars somewhere down the line? This is not to say that beatings by cops never occur, but MY point is that they don't occur very often and, when they are unwarranted, those officers should pay the price for it. If you are going to stay on the "beating by cop" bandwagon, then maybe you should troll yourself back to Hell land where you say you came from.

Leave a comment:

• leedesert
    replied
    I was just reading this post and really feeling the pain that some of you experienced and all of a sudden I see Rayden's post.

Rayden,
    Your scenario is very very infrequent and the only reason you hear about it is because the media loves to flaunt it. Especially if they have video.
    If you compare the number of good arrest to the ones where excessive force was used you will see that the occurance rate is nill to none.
    It sounds like your another who gets his education from CNN.

Leave a comment:

• WHC166
    replied
    Rayden,

No you don't have a point! These things you talk about are a very small percentage of all contacts police have with other people....the great majority of cops are excellent people, and they should not all be judged as bad just becuase of the actions of a few.

Leave a comment:

• Rayden
    replied
    Jensenfarm,
    and how old is this kid that gave you the finger? The Reason why parents are telling their kids that cops can be dangerouse is because parents watch the News and sometimes Hears that Cops that beats on suspects as soon as they hold 'em down which really shocks the community when something like that happens! i think the Police department really needs to have better and strict rules into being a Cop so this type of stuffs wont happen. I know cops duty is to be aggressive towards suspects but not too aggressive that'll make the suspect hospitalize the job is to put away the suspect without putting him or her into a hospital where hes beaten to death....

if this type of stuffs wouldnt happen then parents wont be saying that type of stuffs to their Kids.

Do i have a point?

Leave a comment:

• Jensenfarm
    replied
    About 10 years ago, while on a ride along with a good friend who's an LEO, we ventured down a neighborhood known for major gang activity.
    It was the middle of July, about 104F, and the beginning of the swing shift.
    We noticed a little tyke about 18 months old, playing with a garden hose out by the parking strip near the road, while an older woman (grandmother?) watched from the shade of a nearby tree.

"Wave to the little tyke as we roll by," my friend driving the marked unit said.

As we got close, I put down the window and gave the kid a wave and a smile......to my surprise this toddler (still in a Pampers) gave me the finger!

Advance to the present: that same youngster is now on trial, along with half a dozen family members for beating to death the father of a local PD officer...for his pocket change!

When hate is this in-bred, it is difficult (if not impossible) to bridge the gap.....

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3674 users online. 244 members and 3430 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X