300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet more work rants...

Sometimes I really hate going to work. Today is one of those days. I have no motivation to go to the office at all. I like what I do, but as I've complained before in the past, I hate upper management.

Things have gotten so bad, I've started to look for another job. Work is piled sky high on everyone's desk and we're so far behind that our biggest client is going to go ballistic on us at any time. OT has been stopped completely, so the pressure will continue to build.

The tension in the office yesterday was so thick, you could cut it with a knife. I walked out of that place at 3:30pm with chest pains and tears. God, I hate upper management. They're a bunch of idiots and they all suck!

If we get any personal emails on our company email, we get written up. They're checking to see how many are received and sent a day. I went in to options yesterday and changed my settings and reset my statistics. They'd have a heart attack at how many personal emails I get. Everyone from my family to some here on the forum send them.

No web surfing, even on free time. They're monitoring which websites we've been to. If it's not work related, we're written up. They went ballistic when they found out someone was surfing Monster.com. I think THAT is funny!

If you go to the doctor's and fail to bring in a doctor's note, that's a slap on the wrist. If someone walks by your desk and stops to say hello for a minute, you get in trouble.

I really feel like I'm in high school again. God, I want a new job.

Ok, I feel somewhat better. Now it's time to head out the door to hell all over again.

"Deh Fuhrer" vill zee you now Katey, and you vill be prompt!!!!
    I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Sounds like the ***holes doing the monitoring need a REAL job......
      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
      -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

I agree Shooter. Micro management is not the way to go. I have always been much more efficient if I could just do something on my own, without someone standing over me and watching. If the people that are watching are so [email protected] concerned about work production, why don't they stop watching you all breathing and help take some of the work load. Oh, wait what was I thinking??? The uppers don't do work do they?

Sorry about your troubles KK. Maybe you will find something else soon.
        In valor there is hope - Tacitus

Comment

*hugs KK*

Maybe if they'd stop the big brother antics and help you with the work flow, things would run smoother.

I'm telling ya Katey...the Medical/Insurance job market is big in Louisville.

Take care of yourself!!!

[ 10-17-2002, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Piper ]

Comment

Hang in there Kate, maybe spike the bosses coffee with some laxative.
            That sure would get the boss moving and away from the computer. [Wink]

Comment

Sounds like you need to rent "Office Space" and watch it til you feel better.

Good luck on the job search!
              Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

(((((((((((((KateyKakes))))))))))))) My Bestest Buddy! It's just one of those days!! As for you not being able to chat or send personal emails.... ummmmmm Yeah Right! I've got at least 8 from today alone. It'll get better. It always does. Listen, you're a buddy so I'll give Ted your number and he can cheer you up. That's the kinda friend I am
                Chaos, panic and disorder...my work here is done!

Comment

heheh, I love Office Space. It's the perfect parody of my company.
                  No partner is worth your tears -
                  the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

Thanks, everyone.

Jee, you can keep Ted. Somehow I think he's not my type. He's all yours, buddy!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158275 users online. 126 members and 158149 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X