• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Assistant
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by ateamer:
    There is one guy who had a policeman hand puppet he used as a prop when teaching DARE. One day, that puppet got kidnapped and held for ransom. Various Polaroids surfaced throughout the day showing the various atrocities being committed to the puppet. It was returned intact when the ransom was paid.

I used to be the General Manager for a Limousine Company and had some rather crazy drivers. I collect frogs and had several set on my desk. One day I came in to find all of my frogs moved to various locations (on the edge of my trashcan or sitting on top of my paper shredder). My plush Kermit that had been sitting on the bookcase had vanished and there was a ransom note on my desk. He was later discovered hidden in the office bound and gagged. *lol* In addition, there was a beer mug covered w/ saran wrap (w/ several holes poked in it) sitting in front of my telephone. Upon closer inspection it contained a small live frog. There was more...but I don't remember the rest...*lol*

Leave a comment:

• ASOinFL
    replied
    Oh yeah....I almost forgot this one.

There was a local agency that had some Sgts who dressed down some of our guys one time. Understandably this ****ed most of us off. That night we slipped on over to thier place. The Sgts had a door that only they used, no rookies, no admin flunkies, etc....just the sgts used.

And once again a jar of vasoline found a new use, this time making sure the door knob and handle were thoroughly encased in a nice, thick coating of goo.

The next morning at o-dark thirty when the new shift came on, the Sgts who chewed out our people showed up. The looks on their faces were priceless once they grabbed that door knob. Did this for two nights in a row.

They thought their own guys did and raised holy hell trying to find out who did it.

Leave a comment:

• Bill R
    replied
    Gravel in hubcaps, silicone grease on the telephone earpiece, superglue full cup of coffee to desk, potato in tailpipe, leave a sardine in the vehicle on a hot summer day.

Leave a comment:

• ASOinFL
    replied
    We had one rookie officer who used to think he was "IT" when it came to animal calls, specially snakes.

So one day we took one of those realistic looking rubber snakes (Diamond Back) and put it on the floor board of his vehicle with the head just sticking out.....'cause it's somewhat common for snakes to climb into cars around here.

When he jumped out is was like watching a clown burst from a clown car. He was hopping and yelling. We were busting our guts, it was so funny.

Before that little incident. Whenever he'd take something/one into the sallyport, he'd give the workers there a hard time (Usually if he picked up a snake somewhere) because most of them were afraid of snakes. So one night, they went out and gathered up as many cockroaches as they could find (about 30-40) and scattered them throughout his vehicle. The next day he was going batty finding these things crawling over throughout his stuff while working calls.

Ahhhhhhh. It's too bad he cooled his "s" down since then. We need a new victim.

Leave a comment:

• huff317
    replied
    I suppose y'all have all done the styrofoam cup thing? You know, take a straight pin and poke about four or five holes about 3/4 of an inch below the rim????

Or, tied a trash can to the bumper of your buddies unit?

or even jacked up the rear of the car, and put jack stands/blocks on so that the rear tires were only an inch off the ground......best done in empty parking lot, by the way.

Leave a comment:

• Dep 27
    replied
    Hey transamcop, when did you guys do all this stuff????? I must have missed moving the cars.

Leave a comment:

• CopInNY
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by transamcop:

We have also driven around town when there was a rookie officer who didn't know our personal vehicles. We would purposely drive past him at a high rate of speed then once he catches up, we stop the car and bail. The rookie jumps out of the cruiser and gives chase. Meanwhile his FTO is in the passenger seat of the cruiser laughing his *** off.

I agree this is funny, but it doesn't really sound like the safest thing in my opinion. Especially to be done to a boot...

Leave a comment:

• OfcMikey
    replied
    When I was in FTO, another officer went into our car and sent a message to the sgt on the MDT.
    He told the sgt "I can't take him anymore, get this rookie out of my car".
    Well, my FTO and I knew nothing about this, so the next thing we hear is the sgt wanting to meet with us to find out what is going on.
    We soon found out, and yes we did get even with Ofc Smartass.

Leave a comment:

• PeteBroccolo
    replied
    Or, on night shift, find an unlocked patrol vehicle being driven by one of your co-workers, turn on the wipers, AM radio to full volume, set the siren to come on, set the squelch on the police radio and then wait for her/him to go out on the road!

Leave a comment:

• NCLE23
    replied
    pepper spray in the ac vent is always good for a giggle.

Leave a comment:

• Mitzi
    replied
    The thing with the gun....I'm glad he apparently knew what he was doing and I'm surprised he wasn't suspended for it. That was NOT funny.

Leave a comment:

• tcsd1236
    replied
    A few years ago we had a female officer who was dating another officer. Her tattoo (in a fairly intimate place )was well known to many other officers, but I had never had an opportunity to see it myself. One night a bunch of us were at the bar and the subject of the tattoo came up. Apparently most all the rest of the guys there had seen the tattoo at one time or another. I felt rather cheated at never having seen it, and (being fairly tipsy)called her at home from the bar while my guys were standing there and asked why I had never been afforded the ooportunity to view this artistic masterpiece. She said that her boyfriend was there. I said I didn't care if he was, that we were standing around the bar discussing her tattoo. She hung up on me. A few minutes later, the phone rang, and the barkeep handed me the receiver. It was the boyfriend, who said quite clearly that he was going to kill me. He had called every bar in town until he found us. I laughed it off and hung up.
    The next day at work I got off shift and walked to my car. I got in, and something didn't feel right. I got out and found that my car was up on 4 upended cinderblocks. The boyfriend had borrowed a floor jack and put my car up on the blocks. Of course, two shifts of guys stood around waiting to see my reaction and were rolling on the ground.

Then there was another officer who was being pestered by our coworkers a few years ago, when we still had wheelguns. They messed with him something terrible. One day in the locker room, he confronted one of his tormenters and appeared to snap, screaming that he wasn't going to take it anymore. He pulled his revolver and emptied the cylinder into his tormentor, who promptly leapt back frantically searching his chest for holes. The shooter had switched out his live rounds for blanks before going into the locker room, apparently anticipating the showdown. don't think they bothered him after that.....

[ 10-23-2002, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: tcsd1236 ]

Leave a comment:

• transamcop
    replied
    I know of a retired Sgt. who used to throw firecrackers into the dispatch center. This is the same Sgt. who taped a "kick me" sign on the chief's back.

We have also driven around town when there was a rookie officer who didn't know our personal vehicles. We would purposely drive past him at a high rate of speed then once he catches up, we stop the car and bail. The rookie jumps out of the cruiser and gives chase. Meanwhile his FTO is in the passenger seat of the cruiser laughing his *** off.

Sometimes a neighboring agency would come into our jail with a prisoner. While they are inside one of us would go out to the sallyport and move their car to the back of the lot.

Leave a comment:

• Kilcher
    replied
    Im sure all of us remember the days of driving the cone courses in the drivers training and how the driving instructors made it look so easy. Every so often we get sent back for "refresher training", and one time one of the other troopers who was sitting in the back seat closed the door on one of the traffic cones so it would be sticking out of the side of the car. I was in the front seat and the sound of all the cones on the right side of the course and the look of the instructors face, who im sure practiced this course a hundred times, was priceless. He just could not figure out what he did wrong. Needless to say we had to set all the cones back up, but it was funny as hell....

Leave a comment:

• HNDLC3
    replied
    We occasionally have a person who will leave their uniform shift hanging from one of our chairs. It mysteriously ends up getting soaked in water, then folded with the name tape facing up. It is then placed in a large tupperware bowl with the name tape up and the bowl is filled with water. The bowl is then placed inside the freezer. There's nothing funnier than watching a guy find his shirt encased in a block of ice, and then watching him thaw it out.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3916 users online. 268 members and 3648 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X