300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pranks at work

what are some of the more noteable pranks you've been witness to or actually performed aside from the paper dots from the hole punch?

one of our sgts had a little water fountain on his desk. a detective poured some dish soap in it. his entire office was nothing but bubbles the next day.

an officer was in his ghost phase of field training. they were at a gas station filling up. earlier, someone had broken off the pump handle so it was just lying around. another officer retrieved it, waited until the rookie returned to the PD with his FTO then put the handle in the rookie's tank. he then had dispatch call the rookie and tell him the gas station called and he needed to check his car. the look on his face was priceless.

a trooper i know pursued a vehicle on christmas eve. he slowly gave out more and more descriptions until the dispatcher recognized the assailant as....santa clause.

that same trooper coerced the vehicle mechanic to help him wire the brake light to the power wire of the siren on his fellow trooper's car. every time he stepped on the brake the siren went off. he didn't go far.

We always have an officer, either city or county, do a traffic stop on Santa each Christmas Eve.

[Wink]
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

When I was a dog handler for the Army Military Police I would feed hard boiled eggs some of the other dogs before there handlers went on shift. I few hours later...well lets just say the windows of the patrol vehicle were open as they drove by.
      We also had a handler that thought his dog was the baddest one around. One night he came to work and found his dogs toe nails painted hot pink. Gee I wonder who did that?
      "There's only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And it comes with the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

When a fellow officer is in a coffee shop, remove all his gear, including shotgun from the front seat and lock it in the trunk. Then roll down the driver's window and sprinkle around some shattered window glass from an accident scene. Hide in the shadows and enjoy.

I have been late to roll call a couple times because my locker had been turned around backward. Then there was the time I came in and found my locker intact, except for the lock. It had been wrapped with two inches of duct tape, covered with axle grease, then talcum powder on top of that (so I couldn't get a grip on the tape to unwind it). Of course, my pocket knife was inside the locker that day!

There is one guy who had a policeman hand puppet he used as a prop when teaching DARE. One day, that puppet got kidnapped and held for ransom. Various Polaroids surfaced throughout the day showing the various atrocities being committed to the puppet. It was returned intact when the ransom was paid.

Yes, I actually do manage to squeeze some work occasionally.
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I have made good use of super glue.
          Nothing like watching someone pick up their entire phone.
          Of course, when your coffee cup is glued to the table, or your pen, it is hilarious.

Super gluing a quarter on the sidewalk in front of your business is worth hours of fun, as you watch people stop and try to pick it up.

Comment

Back a few years ago, when everyone wasn't so anal, someone would steal the car keys from the new dispatchers and move their cars. Then a couple of us would go out to the boondocks and do a "pursuit" on the dispatcher's car, complete with sirens, brakes and tires squealing and for the finale a huge, fiery crash.

It all came to an end when a constable went code to our radioed position and found we weren't there. He complained and that was the end of that.
            "Trust me. I'm from the government, I'm here to help."

Comment

We occasionally have a person who will leave their uniform shift hanging from one of our chairs. It mysteriously ends up getting soaked in water, then folded with the name tape facing up. It is then placed in a large tupperware bowl with the name tape up and the bowl is filled with water. The bowl is then placed inside the freezer. There's nothing funnier than watching a guy find his shirt encased in a block of ice, and then watching him thaw it out.

A closed mouth gathers no foot. --Unknown

Comment

Im sure all of us remember the days of driving the cone courses in the drivers training and how the driving instructors made it look so easy. Every so often we get sent back for "refresher training", and one time one of the other troopers who was sitting in the back seat closed the door on one of the traffic cones so it would be sticking out of the side of the car. I was in the front seat and the sound of all the cones on the right side of the course and the look of the instructors face, who im sure practiced this course a hundred times, was priceless. He just could not figure out what he did wrong. Needless to say we had to set all the cones back up, but it was funny as hell....
                Be Good or Be Good At....

Comment

I know of a retired Sgt. who used to throw firecrackers into the dispatch center. This is the same Sgt. who taped a "kick me" sign on the chief's back.

We have also driven around town when there was a rookie officer who didn't know our personal vehicles. We would purposely drive past him at a high rate of speed then once he catches up, we stop the car and bail. The rookie jumps out of the cruiser and gives chase. Meanwhile his FTO is in the passenger seat of the cruiser laughing his *** off.

Sometimes a neighboring agency would come into our jail with a prisoner. While they are inside one of us would go out to the sallyport and move their car to the back of the lot.
                  "Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't"

Comment

A few years ago we had a female officer who was dating another officer. Her tattoo (in a fairly intimate place )was well known to many other officers, but I had never had an opportunity to see it myself. One night a bunch of us were at the bar and the subject of the tattoo came up. Apparently most all the rest of the guys there had seen the tattoo at one time or another. I felt rather cheated at never having seen it, and (being fairly tipsy)called her at home from the bar while my guys were standing there and asked why I had never been afforded the ooportunity to view this artistic masterpiece. She said that her boyfriend was there. I said I didn't care if he was, that we were standing around the bar discussing her tattoo. She hung up on me. A few minutes later, the phone rang, and the barkeep handed me the receiver. It was the boyfriend, who said quite clearly that he was going to kill me. He had called every bar in town until he found us. I laughed it off and hung up.
                    The next day at work I got off shift and walked to my car. I got in, and something didn't feel right. I got out and found that my car was up on 4 upended cinderblocks. The boyfriend had borrowed a floor jack and put my car up on the blocks. Of course, two shifts of guys stood around waiting to see my reaction and were rolling on the ground.

Then there was another officer who was being pestered by our coworkers a few years ago, when we still had wheelguns. They messed with him something terrible. One day in the locker room, he confronted one of his tormenters and appeared to snap, screaming that he wasn't going to take it anymore. He pulled his revolver and emptied the cylinder into his tormentor, who promptly leapt back frantically searching his chest for holes. The shooter had switched out his live rounds for blanks before going into the locker room, apparently anticipating the showdown. don't think they bothered him after that.....

[ 10-23-2002, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: tcsd1236 ]

Comment

The thing with the gun....I'm glad he apparently knew what he was doing and I'm surprised he wasn't suspended for it. That was NOT funny.

Comment

pepper spray in the ac vent is always good for a giggle.

Comment

Or, on night shift, find an unlocked patrol vehicle being driven by one of your co-workers, turn on the wipers, AM radio to full volume, set the siren to come on, set the squelch on the police radio and then wait for her/him to go out on the road!
                          #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                          Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                          RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                          Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                          "Smile" - no!

Comment

When I was in FTO, another officer went into our car and sent a message to the sgt on the MDT.
                            He told the sgt "I can't take him anymore, get this rookie out of my car".
                            Well, my FTO and I knew nothing about this, so the next thing we hear is the sgt wanting to meet with us to find out what is going on.
                            We soon found out, and yes we did get even with Ofc Smartass.

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by transamcop:

We have also driven around town when there was a rookie officer who didn't know our personal vehicles. We would purposely drive past him at a high rate of speed then once he catches up, we stop the car and bail. The rookie jumps out of the cruiser and gives chase. Meanwhile his FTO is in the passenger seat of the cruiser laughing his *** off.

I agree this is funny, but it doesn't really sound like the safest thing in my opinion. Especially to be done to a boot...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6096 users online. 363 members and 5733 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X