300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am NOT a 'Morning Person'....

God, I absolutely, positively HATE working 'days'!!!

Anyone that gets up at 0500 has something seriously wrong with them. Wait a minute.....let me rephrase that. Anyone that ENJOYS getting up at 0500 has something seriously wrong with them......
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

I like mornings only when I have been up all night.

Comment

yep. My Boss doesn't get it though. He thinks everyone's goal in life is to work m-f days. That will be hell for me...

ideal shift for me is evenings (16-02 here) I could never have to use an alarm again if I could just get that shift. But... alas. My first two shifts are 16-02, then second two are 20-06... and right now I'm FTO-ing DAYS on my days off. BLECH.

Comment

I like getting up early. For me it's the best part of the day. I like getting up early, sometimes as early as 4 am. Shooter, just think of me banging a hammer on a steel table to help you wake up!

Comment

I hear ya......I hate days, although I don't have to get my arse out of bed till 6am. Usually our chief is the day shift officer, but he's been MIA (out sick ) since May, so we've had to rotate into that shift.

Atleast I only have one week of it this time, rotating to midnights next week.
          Steve

Comment

I guess I'm one of those people who have something seriously wrong with them because I like getting up early. I don't mind getting up at 5am to get ready for work, even though I usually go to bed later than I should. I'm done work by 3:30pm and I still have a good part of the day left.

Comment

Don't speak to me before 10am. Even then, don't speak to me a whole lot. By noon, I'm fine. But, I rarely go to bed before 1:30am. My internal clock drives me crazy and I have tried to change it. If we go on a trip and leave early, the first thing my H does is put the passenger seat all the way back for me with a pillow and a blanket it .lol

Comment

I do more by 7 am than most people do all day.

Comment

Shooter-I'm right there with ya!

I HATE mornings!!!!!!!!!!! I just don't function before 10am, period. I don't know why. I can't fall asleep before midnight either. I spent about 10 years working a job that required me to get up and out of house by 5:30am, cooking breakfast and lunch in nursing homes. I think that once I aged a bit, I am no longer that type of get up and go early in the am kind of person.

My husband gets home from work at 2am and some times he actually gets up in the morning to get the kids off to school because I just don't wake up. I don't hear the alarm. He's also a light sleeper due to his years in the military. I feel bad that he gets up, but he won't wake me up! He knows how bad I hate mornings.

Unfortunately.....since the state police is cutting back and his overtime is getting shot, I have to get a job and UNFORTUNATELY....it's going to have to be another 6am-2pm kind of job. I am NOT looking forward to it. We have to get by though, and I refuse to live with any less than what we are used to having (which isn't much).

5am= [Eek!] [Eek!] [Frown]
                  "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

Mitzi...

I think we're one in the same person! Are you missing a twin out there? LOL

Hey, let's get together for breakfast sometime! hehe Ya know, at like Denny's when we can eat it at 2pm! [Wink]
                    "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

I only like waking up early when there's a strange woman in my bed....You kinda wake up when the sun comes up, look over and then remember..."Oh, yeah...thats what I did last night..."

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Mitzi:
                        Don't speak to me before 10am. Even then, don't speak to me a whole lot.

Well, OK, but remember, it's what YOU wanted!
                        6P1 (retired)

Comment

Seems like the older I get, the earlier I go to bed at night, and the earlier I get up in the morning. Hell, I actually like to see the sun rise! Besides, it gives me enough time to get the coffee down that I need, to face the day!
                          6P1 (retired)

Comment

In observance of morning coming too early (0442 hrs local, for me..) I have decided to do away with that annoying break between the end of the day and waking up, known as sleep. Apparently, all I do is toss, turn, kick, slobber, and wrestle with my wife for the pillows, blankies, and all the stuffed animals that somehow wind up on our bed.
                            Therefore, since I am not RESTING during this sleep period, I might as well sit in my Lazyboy and pretend to be reading/studying my homework, as that is when I tend to get my best sleep anyway....

That is early, though. I'm just glad that I only have to work 0600-1900 for three days in a row, then it's off for three--to recuperate.

Pax
                            American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

pardon me, but doesn't morning begin at 1400 hrs for everyone else. who could wake up before then. guess getting off at 0600 for so many years changes your outlook.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4492 users online. 314 members and 4178 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X