Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpecOpsWarrior
    replied
    Personally speaking, it has never bothered me when someone makes a baseless statement calling me a racist because I have done my job, but then again I have never had a "community leader" call me a racist on the nightly news either. What truly worries me is when department brass, and worse yet the courts, fall in with that line of thinking.

If the cops on the street saw support from their bosses and citizens as a whole we would not be seeing this trend going on. Cops would be working, citizens would feel safer and all the crying from "community leaders" would fall on deaf ears. Unfortunatly I dont see anything like that happening in the near future.

Leave a comment:

• Blonde Heat
    replied
    Its a bad situation when the communities are taking the brunt of all the bad apples. Its even worse when the officers cannot do thier job because of the stigmatism of being labeled a racist. I sincerely hope cinncinati gets it together before the decent folks(actual law abiding citizens) end up getting the worst end of the deal.

Its also a shame that almost all the african american people have to be ashamed for the bad people in their race. Now when an officer arrests them, he/she will always have the "will i be labeled a racist" in the back of thier mind. I'm sure its enough to make them wonder if the jobs worth it,

Leave a comment:

• RachelR
    replied
    Well, Cincinnati is about 47% black, but in the communities where the shooting occur, it is over 90% black. Yet, whenever anyone in these areas is pulled over, or arrested, they cry racism. I would think that if a white person were stopped in this area, that would be more considered racism than the trend now.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleSix
    replied
    Bake, well said sir...or ma'am

P.S. Can anyone loosen these political handcuffs? My hands are going numb.

[ 07-20-2001: Message edited by: DoubleSix ]

Leave a comment:

• mac90
    replied
    Nice post Bake, but did you have to bring the 'R' word into this? People can't be expected to be responsible for what they do any more. What's wrong with you?

Seriously, you all wait, in my opinion this crime increase is gonna be laid right back at the police departments feet.

[ 07-20-2001: Message edited by: mac90 ]

Leave a comment:

• Bake@125
    replied
    I've just got to put my .02 in on this topic.
    Since this is a public forum I will address those non-law enforcement folks reading these posts as follows: while the comments of police officers may at times seem harsh, know this, the loyal men and women who take a beat (and sometimes beating) every day do not wish to be labled as racist or any other politically motivated buzz word going around. We (cops) in general dispise the VERY FEW bad apples in our midst. Remmeber, we are people just like everyone else and while most of us take our profession very seriously and constantly strive to be a positive role model for our communites, there are abberances in police behavior. Having said that and beginning to drag on as is my usual fashion I will say this, to the black "leader" in cincinatti and the liberal politician leading our great conuntry into the toilet, in your haste to achieve notariety and publishing rights, don't forget that you might just succeed in beating us down. And since our government has taken the stance that blacks, latinos, and everyone who whines should be rewarded with the heads of any low-level whites it can offer to the media, it occurs to me that we have slipped into a role of giving the child whatever it wants to stop the whining, even if it is the shiny blade of a kitchen knife- where's the responsibility. If you will lead, then lead, but as any true leader you must be accountable for the actions of your subordinates as well as your own.
    Just my opinion
    Bake

Leave a comment:

• cajuncop
    replied
    It's a sad day in our profession when we are restricted in doing our job.

The really sad part is that the trend is sweeping the nation in the number of complaints files by person claiming "rasicm".

Our department has had it's share of incidents where a person of the opposite race claims "racial profiling" or "police brutatlity".

It makes it hard for our department when the city is 52% black, 45% white, and 3% other. We tend to get quite a few complaints on us considering our agency is comprised of about 80% of white officers.

Leave a comment:

• Sparky
    replied
    From a classic old bumper sticker,

"Don't like cops? Then next time you are in trouble, call a hippie!"

I have no sympathy. As I have stated before, I know that the makority of many high crime areas support the police. However, when they fail to stand up and be counted, and allow so-called "leaders" to run rough shod over those that protect them while also ignoring the problems from within these areas themselves; well, then they have few to blame other than themselves.

Leave a comment:

• mac90
    replied
    Be ready. The politicians and so called leaders will still lay it off on the police. Head this off someway.

Leave a comment:

• LBomb
    replied
    I saw a report on TV that said the cops in Cincinatti basically shut down as a result of the unwarranted criticisms from the community. They admit that they are no longer "out on the prowl" looking to get into something. Can you blame them?
    They are all in self-preservation mode. Looks like the "civil-Rights leaders" got what they wanted...lax Police presence. Now let's see how they deal with the aftermath.

Leave a comment:

• mac90
    replied
    Forgive me for having two thoughts in the same day, but I wonder how much other crime is up in Cincinatti as well, such as:

Assault
    Rape
    Armed robbery
    Muggings
    Theft
    Drug related crime
    Survived shootings
    Car theft
    Car jackings
    Jay walking

Leave a comment:

• RachelR
    replied
    Oh, another funny thing.. FOP President Keith Fangman stated at the beginning of the riots that he was concerned about black on black crime more so than police brutality or fatality shootings. He cited stats of black on black crimes and said that Cincinnati needs to address that issue as well.

Black leaders poo-poo'ed it saying he was just trying to divert the attention from police crimes.

Heh.. wonder how that egg tastes..

Leave a comment:

• RachelR
    replied
    I live outside Cincinnati (not IN Cincinnati, I could not stand it) and I totally agree with Mac90. A community that makes enemies of their police had better learn to embrace their criminals.

MSPIntern..
    I'm not sure what they are thinking, but it has happened a lot throughout history
    I know what they are thinking.. They are thinking they can get a free pair of Nikes. The stores that were mostly broken into were stores like Brendamours and sporting stores.

Leave a comment:

• mac90
    replied
    I wonder how many people realize what the situation in cincinatti is really telling us, if they could only hear it? That the police really DO do something besides sit around all day drinking coffee and giving out speeding tickets.

Leave a comment:

• RT
    replied
    I had a recent case where we had the kid dead to rights and charged him. The parents were "one thousand and fifty percent" sure he did not do it. They were sure whitey did it. I guess it is comforting having someone to blame for all your problems and not having to take responsibility for everything you do. I think we all could use a whitey to blame.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5493 users online. 332 members and 5161 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X