Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4n6det
    replied
    The "other location" the ATF was searching turned out to be in the neighboring county to mine. It seems the wounded guy recently bought a house out here and was observed conducting target practice in the back yard.(not anything unusual in that area.) ATF was searching as of last night, but had not released anything as far as information went.

Hopefully, he will be half of a 2-person team and give up the name of the other actor.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Tx
    replied
    I find it strange how they are not talking about this. Must not have anything to do with it, huh?

Leave a comment:

• culbyak
    replied
    That sounds like almost every former Marine I know--Has Sniper books (manuals) and a AR-15. The only thing I see out of the ordinary was the Tarot card.
    Also supposedly the Sniper book or manual or whatever it is, is on the Commandant's Reading List.

Leave a comment:

• culbyak
    replied
    That sounds like almost every former Marine I know--Has Sniper books (manuals) and a AR-15. The only thing I see out of the ordinary was the Tarot card.
    Also supposedly the Sniper book or manual or whatever it is, is on the Commandant's Reading List.

Leave a comment:

• shorty
    replied
    JellyBean, the suspect that was found shot did not die. He was treated at the hospital, but did not die. The article did not say if he was treated and released or what, so... it is very possible that he is the one. JMO

Here's the latest article if anyone is interested:

http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/marylandshootings021014.html

Leave a comment:

• CinaC
    replied
    I posted a copy of CNN's article on the latest shooting in the "War on Terrorism" forum.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    According to the Associated Press, 'Another deadly shooting in suburban Washington, D.C., and police say it may be related to the sniper case that has people in the area terrorized.

Police say the shooting occurred in Fairfax County, Va. Roads are being closed in the area.'

Leave a comment:

• shorty
    replied
    Ahh yes, I forgot about that. Thanks for the clarification. It is very sad when there have been so many, you can't keep the details of all straight, ya know? Sad, just sad.

Leave a comment:

• CinaC
    replied
    Shorty,

Less then two hours ago ... 9:20 pm or so. I got off work, turned on the radio, and "police have shut down Rt. 50 after another sniper shooting ..." (this was about 10:20p I left work.)

I don't think this is the first evening shooting -- IIRC, the one gentleman shot last week at the VA gas station also happened either in the evening or after dark.

[ 10-14-2002, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: C in a J ]

Leave a comment:

• shorty
    replied
    Isn't this the first "nighttime" shooting? Or did it occur during the day and they are just now announcing it?

Leave a comment:

• CinaC
    replied
    quote:
    there were no there were no killings today
    Sadly, this is no longer the case. A woman was shot in the head at a Home Depot in either Falls Church or Fairfax, VA just a few hours ago (if that long).

Leave a comment:

• jellybean40
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by MikeTx:
    Also, I find it strange that there has been no mention of the race of this guy, what with all the profiling that has been done

as far as i know, the man had never been seen; until tonite, when someone said he had a blue shirt on. i still didnt hear his race mentioned. i suppose they could have guessed at it but without anyone seeing i dont know how that would help.

[ 10-14-2002, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]

Leave a comment:

• jellybean40
    replied
    Another shooting in Fairfax Co., a woman shot in the parking lot outside a Home Depot. If that dead guy was the guy, then he's got a partner still alive.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Tx
    replied
    Well, this guy has an AR-15, manuals on snipers, a white van, a tarot card, writing that says "jihad in America", he works in the area where the killings have happened, has an intimate knowledge of the area, he was shot over the weekend, and there were no killings today, or over the weekend.

Nah, can't be him!

I think it's a good possibility it's him, and the authorities are just playing it safe. I can also understand how it could not be him. Also, I find it strange that there has been no mention of the race of this guy, what with all the profiling that has been done

[ 10-14-2002, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: MikeTx ]

Leave a comment:

• shooter1201
    replied
    If not 'THE sniper', a copycat in the making, perhaps? Why are they so confident this ISN'T the guy?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3037 users online. 157 members and 2880 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X