300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving tips

Anyone have some driving tips they'd like to share with the brain-dead SOB's that share the road with you?

I'll start:

If you are in the left lane, and every other damn car in sight is passing you on the right..... Get out of the fuggin left lane!!!

Niteshift...you stole mine.

Along with people in the right lane that just have to squeeze in between you and the car in front of you, WHEN THERE'S NO ONE ELSE BEHIND YOU FOR A MILE!

I want a piece of crap car so I can "nudge" a few drivers here and there.

Comment

A long time ago, I worked at a place about 20 miles from home. Now I have always been a conservative type of driver, and I rarely exceed the speed limit. One of my co-wrkers was the exact opposite of me, and drove in excess of at least 15 miles per hour over the speed limit, manuvering like a gran prix racer.

One day at work, we were all in the office talking and my co-worker starts talking about drivers a lot like your topic here, Niteshift, and it was so funny. He was notorious for hating slow drivers, and said, "You won't believe why I'm late today. I was stuck behind some turtle moron going 55 in the fast lane, and when I finally get a chance to pass him, I look over, and it THIS ***HOLE!" pointing to me.

Comment

Lead, follow or PUT IT UP ON BLOCKS!
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
        -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

I always said that after I retire, I am going to get a big old titanic car, like a big Catalina, put a big old beefed up bumper on it, maybe fill the fenders with cement and it would be GET RIGHT day on the highways......

Comment

Nite....

Do I detect a note of STRESS in your posts? Are the snowbirds gettin' to ya?
            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
            -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

quote:
              brain-dead SOB's
              New Jersey drivers!

[ 10-13-2002, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Lucy ]
              Royce is a Lady

Comment

ARGH- Even more annoying is when the person in the left lane PACES the person in the right lane so there is no where for anyone to go.

Another thing that drives me nuts- when people try to be nice by slamming on the brakes to let someone on a side road out or to cross traffic. They end up stopping traffic completely in one direction and the person they let out can't go anywhere because there is too much traffic coming the other way. I've seen so many accidents and near accidents because of morons like that. If you have right of way- USE IT.
                Don't take life too seriously- you'll never come out of it alive.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Niteshift:
                  If you are in the left lane, and every other damn car in sight is passing you on the right..... Get out of the fuggin left lane!!!

And turn that *&%#@*$ turn signal off!!!
                  " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

I sure agree with that one 207!! Do they not hear it clicking?? DOH!

I HATE slow drivers the worst!!

Comment

quote:
                      I HATE slow drivers the worst!!

Comment

First of all the gas is the big pedal on the right!

Secondly if you're going to turn, then turn! It shouldn't take 2 minutes to make a right!!!!! And you do not need to slow down to 5 MPH!

While we are at it, the c.d. hanging from you're rear veiw mirror,it makes you look stupid,not cool.

I paid alot off money for my stereo, I don't need to hear your crap.

And just because there is an inch of snow on the ground, doesn't mean go 10mph on the highway,dumda**!

I love to drive Just not behind old ladys so small you can only see knuckles!

Comment

A few of mine:

1. The accident doesn't involve you, and isn't blocking any lanes of traffic, so stop staring at it!!

2. What kind of music you listen to in your own car is your own business. However, the kind of music that I can hear from inside my car, that originates from your car, now becomes my business, particularly if I'm on duty.

3. CalTrans spends a lot of money putting up signs well ahead of exits. Look for them. It saves you the trouble of cutting across 4, 5 or even 6 lanes of traffic at the last minute.

4. On all but our oldest freeways, CalTrans has also gone through a lot of trouble to give you ample acceleration room on the onramp. Sometimes they'll be generous and give that onramp its own lane. So why do you insist on merging onto a 65 MPH freeway at 40 MPH?

5. Fog lights are just for that: FOG. So unless visibility is down to less than, say, 100 yards, turn the G-d D**n things off!!!

Gotta run a few errands before the stores close tonight. I'm sure I'll have more when I get back [Eek!]

Comment

Yeah, I hate it when traffic is tight (routine here in SoCal) and you have idiots performing the CA slide (cutting across multi-lanes of traffic)while cutting me off in the process. Then to add insult to injury they have the audacity to give me the "one finger salute" as if it were my fault!

"Life breaks us all and afterwards some are strong at the broken places."
                            --Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by GRACE:
                              Yeah, I hate it when traffic is tight (routine here in SoCal) and you have idiots performing the CA slide (cutting across multi-lanes of traffic)while cutting me off in the process. Then to add insult to injury they have the audacity to give me the "one finger salute" as if it were my fault!

and without their blinkers!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5368 users online. 308 members and 5060 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X