300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This New Forum Design

I disabled the member ratings. I apologize to those of you who spent time rating people, but the general consensus among the moderators, and the members as well, is that they are too distracting and likely to cause stress or bad feelings among some members.

I have activated the message icons. You can display one of 14 little images next to your thread. This is designed so that the poster can express emotion or the general tone of the post. Let's see how we like this. I used the little light bulb icon for this thread. When responding to this post, you can use the thumbs up or thumbs down icon to vote whether you like or dislike this feature.

You can also edit a previous post to ad an icon to it, should you wish.

[ 07-16-2001: Message edited by: Webmaster ]
    Sgt. James Meredith
    [email protected]

But I was a general! 5 stars no less.

Comment

I am feeling more at home here every day
      "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

Love the new board--it loads up so fast with this latest upgrade--and I agree with the decision to disable member ratings (althhough I know I can be controversial enough that I disabled my own, prior to your decision).

Cyber communication is a funny (not funny, ha ha, funny) kind of thing. It can be enormously difficult to convey your true spirit in posts without all of those subtle nuances that we rely on in one on one communication to determine the tone of someone's voice, and the nature of their position. The ratings are an unnecessary burden on those who may've inadvertently gotten sideways with another member.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings...
        Thanks for all of your hard work on the web development and mederation levels--you're all doing an outstanding job!
        It is a bad thing to run out of airspeed, altitude, and ideas all at the same time.

Comment

I like this upgrading.

Could you tell me how to update my profile? I tried, but it said my e-mail addy had been banned(?).
          Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

Same problem here DMS...my email adress has been banned forever but it still let me change my profile before.

Of course with the regular type members also having that problem there goes a great conspiracy theory in the making for me

Oh well...back to the drawing board.

Sigh
            "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

Most people are having no problems with the new program, however, a small but significant percentage of members are having problems. If you are one of them, send me an email, and cut and paste the error message.
              Sgt. James Meredith
              [email protected]

Comment

I like it a lot it is it was very difficult not being able to get on the site but I got over it and I love the instant graemlins !

Comment

I like it a lot. It makes posting so much more fun, and easy. The instant Graemlins rule
                  After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: when you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.

Comment

very good

Comment

Looks real good to me Jim. I'm sitting at the library in Salida Colorado right now typing this. I don't have (and won't have) the time to go through all the threads right now, but when (and if) I get home, I'll get back with the program.

DOGONE COLORADO IS BEAUTIFUL (sorry for the shout, but just can't help it!)

------------------
                      Just out playing, and loving it!
                      6P1(retired)

[ 07-18-2001: Message edited by: Don ]
                      6P1 (retired)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5065 users online. 343 members and 4722 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X